The POIs disappear...

Started by hsuanwang, July 27, 2012, 02:26:47

hsuanwang

Hi...I found a big problem in Ver 2.5.3 and this didn't happen before...
I have used Locus and import some big POI file(kml format) for several months. It worked great until upgrade to 2.5.3. After upgrade,I found the POIs I imported are "stealth". You can still show them by click stealth POIs on the map but they just disappear. After some testing,I found the POIs will sohw up when you zoom-out to a specific scale(in my case,it's 30km) I use the same map and POI file before and never meet this problem. Then I test on my another Android pad and the same problem still happen.
Dose any one can help me to clarify this? I usually
 use Locus in my life and can't leave it...>_<

Eddy...
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  isn't this happening only on some RMAP maps? I think that same problem is already reported. May you please check this release-candidate version if it's already solved? viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2110&start=40#p14536 thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

hsuanwang

Dear sir...
Thank for your help but the same problem still happen after I change to V 2.5.3.5...
This problem happen on my Google offline map and other online map. The Google offline map and POI kml file are all same I used before V.2.5.3 and work great. The POI file has 8383 points and be stealth when scale small than 30km on my Google map...

Eddy...
  •  

Menion

Hello Eddy,
  so by "stealth" you mean they are not visible but you may tap on them and popup window appear right? You don't even see a small dots instead of big icons? Also you may have enabled POI grouping so more points will be merged into one big icon, this also isn't your case?

and finally, you have imported this file in Locus database or you use locus/mapItems directory and "Items" tab in map manager screen?
  •  

hsuanwang

Dear Sir...
      That's happening:
1. Stealth! Yes...I can't see any icon on  online/offine map but they will popup if you tap their position.
2. I never use the POI grouping function.
3. I alway use the import function on Data Manager page."Points" and "Import data" all have been tried.
      I update the new Ver.2.5.4  this morning but the problem still happen. I found:
1. Scale >=60km:All POIs will show on map.
2. Scale=30km:All POIs can't be show but if you move the map center(in my case,move to south of my country), they will show up suddenly. Unfortun ately, they still disappear when I move the center back to original position.
3. Scale <=30km:All POIs disappear.  
      I'm sorry for my poor English.I'm trying to uninstall all app I installed last two weeks but no lucky...Thank you!

Eddy
  •  

hsuanwang

Hello...I tried many ways last night on different devices and I found some points:
1. The POIs will show up normally at Ver.2.5.1(Sorry for incorrect Ver info above).
2. A new problem happens on my pad and another phone of my friend. Those devices only have 512MB RAM both. We can't import the same KML file because it always be stoped by force during import process. I have tried 2.5.1 to 2.5.4 and the problem always happen. This never happen on my Samsung Note device.
    I always upgrade Locus by Google Play before and never re-import these KML file due to  they work perfectly until last week. I'm sorry for reporting problems so late.    
P.S: There are two POIs with same GPS Location and they have different name in different POI category.Can we popup the POI labels on the map in order? The labels popup overlapping on present Locus...

Thank for your patience!

Eddy
  •  

Menion

Hi Eddy,
  ok, let's solve it somehow :)

Thanks for info about the version, anyway there were too much changes in whole Locus since that, that this do not help a lot. KML import - it depend on what is in this KML and how big is. Are you importing it into database or just "Only to display" (in import dialog is at bottom button "Only display")? Anyway may you send me this KML file? I'll check it ...

about missing icons, there are two ways to fix this. You may try to record for me some log if there will not be any error or I can simulate same problem on my phone. Let's start with first one. I need from you this simple log http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... simple_log . Best is if you also tell me which map you're using (test it please on some online map), which zoom level (you may see it in top information panel) and also approximate coordinates of your location. Thanks and sorry for troubles
  •