Line to GPS 180 deg out

Started by Terry, July 23, 2012, 10:42:05

Terry

I use Locus Pro for Geo Caching and my HTC One V does not have an inbuilt compass. I overcome this by using the the (Map - objects & style, Line to GPS) setting, and up until the last update all I did was centre the map on the cache and using a small compass head off in the direction given on the screen. Whilst out yesterday I noticed the reading was going to send me in the wrong direction, 180 deg to be exact, throughout the afternoon I just reversed the reading locus was giving me.
Would it be possible to look at maybe reversing this?

Terry
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'm not sure that i correctly understand. As you can see on screenshot and also on your phone, line from current map center to GPS display correct value.
  Also if you use such way to guide to your destination, even if you don't have orientation sensor in your device, you may use compass or guiding in Locus. Mainly compass may use data from GPS to get current orientation
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Terry

Thanks for the quick reply.
As per your attachment, agree the bearing in version 2.5.3 would show 43 deg which is the bearing from Map Centre to Current GPS position. But in the previous version ( which I have reinstalled to check ) that bearing is 223 deg which is the bearing from the Current GPS to the Map Centre.
Yes I realised after I posted this morning that I could use the the Guiding setting in the Information Panel which more accurate as it dynamically changes. So I will be using that in future.

Terry
  •