How to create a track?

Started by Evgeny, July 14, 2012, 21:12:29

Evgeny

Hello,

I am a new user with a basic question: how to create a track by specifying points on the map and by recording movement? The page "Add new route" under "How to" says, "After you select this function..." Thank you, I came to "How to" section to learn how to select this function! I found another review that says that the buttons to create a track are located on the right toolbar. However, the toolbar is off by default, and when I go to Settings | Functions | Set right panel | Add link - feature, I don't see anything about tracks there. Finally, when I go to Data manager | Tracks, the screen is completely empty.

Is track creating and recording a feature of the Pro version? If not, how do I access it?

Thanks.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
  sorry that manual isn't clear for you, I'll try to improve it a little bit ...

anyway, when you look on this main page http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php, you may see button "Functions" under which is "Add new route" feature right? And exactly same button "Functions" is also in Locus under main menu.

There is possibility that you enabled "Basic mode" during first start so go to "Menu > Settings > Modules > Tracks" to enable also this feature. It's fully working under Free version, so no worry ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Evgeny

You are right: I selected "Basic mode" during my first start. After turning on the Tracks module, I can access the function. Thanks for your help!
  •