strange problem with rmap-files in mapmanager

Started by Bertron, June 27, 2012, 13:41:57

Bertron

Hello,

I am using the 2.4.3 pro version and have a strange problem with some rmap-files wich I added to my personal maps in the mapmanager.
I have 4 mapfiles (size is 181, 396, 187 and 332 MB) which I want to have in one folder on my SDcard. If I put them all together there (in total 8 files, the .rmap and the .imp  file) only two of them will be listed in the mapmanager.
If I put two of them in a different folder and add also this folder in the mapmanager, everything is working fine.  :?
The rmap files are not locked. If I can see them in the mapmanager I can use them without any problems.
Is there a certain limit for rmaps in one folder?
  •  

Menion

hi,
hmm very interesting. I have no idea why this happen. In locus is no limit on maps in external folders. Is this happen also with different maps if you have any?

Anyway because maps are quite big, I cannot as for sending them to me for test, so if you'll not be able to find any clue (maybe something with similar names?) I'll create for you debug version for test
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bertron

OK. thanks for your quick response. I'll try renaming them first. Names are similar, maybe that is the reason.
Another question: How can I delete a folder in the mapmanager?
  •  

Menion

fine, try it and if you find anything let me know. Names should not be problem but who knows :)

and in map manager it's not possible. You have to delete them manually in some file browser or in computer
  •  

Bertron

OK. I have renamed them but now they don't appear in the manager. Only the old names are listed but without the rmap-symbol on the left. How can I refresh these entries in the manager?
  •  

Bertron

It's working fine now. I had to restart my phone instead of restarting just the locus app.....
Now I have them all 4 in one folder. I will now change to the old names and see, if this has any effect.
  •  

Bertron

OK now. It has nothing to do with the names. It seems that I have to restart my phone (just off-on, no reboot) to get those entries in the mapmanager refreshed. Thanks for your help!
  •  

Menion

that only should mean that locus was not closed completely. So some task manager also should help. I'll check if I can do something with it in future. Thanks and glad it works now
  •