Failed import of GPX with 1 track + waypoints

Started by SeaFargo, June 06, 2012, 17:49:05

SeaFargo

Just to notice that the import procedure of a single GPX containing 1 (and just one) track + waypoints seems fails.
GPX files containing 2 or more tracks + waypoints seems work perfectly.

I have attached a zip file:

- MTB Rome 1 Small Track with wps.gpx: doesn't work properly: Locus imports just the track and the last waypoint. And selecting it produce a crash.
- MTB Rome 2 Small Track with wps.gpx: it works.

The GPX are generated by OzExpl 3955n and they seems correct.

That's it.

At disposal for test.
Raf.
  •  

jusc

Can you please add some screenshots? I can see three tracks and 5 waypoints.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

confirmed
one file works, the other one freeze locus on my SG
but i can import both gpx in MapSource without errors.

Menion

hello Guys,
  quite easy explanation ...

did you noticed red dots when you imported file only with one track? Locus do simple check what data file contain. If contain only one track and some points, it import this file as track with attached points. So there red dots are waypoints from GPX file. Second track contain two tracks, so it's not clear which point belong to which track, so in this case are points imported into category and tracks as usually ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

I dont know the GPX Standards.
but the point is: Locus freeze while loading a gpx.
MapSource import the gpx.
corrupt gpx - wrong file type - whatever - locus should not freeze :roll:

If MapSource makes problems - it is normal  :D

jusc

I see 3 tracks. I can load all 3 tracks without any problem. But only the last track in the list shows 5 red dots (waypoints).

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

you are right - a import with the SGTab works fine.
A reboot on sgs2 doesn't matter - loop in the importscreen - strange.
anyway - maybe the gpx could be better prepared.

SeaFargo

So I've attached some screen shots.

The first, 20120607_000233.jpg, show the gpx with 1 track and 5 waypoints. Unfortunately just the last of the 5 waypoints is visible. The ather 4 are missing. And if I click the only waypoint (called SPEED) Locus crash.

The second, 20120607_000310.jpg, show the gpx with 2 tracks (one over the other, but they're two!) and the 5 waypoints. All correct.

I can attach also the log of the crash if you want.

I've tryed also with other maps and track + waypoints. Always happend when I have just 1 track with some waypoints...

Quote from: "jusc"I see 3 tracks. I can load all 3 tracks without any problem. But only the last track in the list shows 5 red dots (waypoints).
Jusc, 3 tracks??
The file MTB Rome 1 Small Track with wps.gpx (20120607_000233.jpg) have exactly 1 tracks + 5 waypoints. And doesn't work properly;
The file MTB Rome 2 Small Track with wps.gpx (20120607_000310.jpg) have exactly 2 tracks + 5 waypoints. And it works properly.
Raf.
  •  

gynta

2 Small...:
after import (after i stoped endless importloop) is see:
 5 points 2tracks (MTB Rome small track + MTB Rome small track filtered) and can tap on all poitns
if i try to delete this 5 POIs in the data manager - Locus crash - deleteting the whole categorie fix this

1 Small...:
 5 WP (red dots) 1track (MTB Rome small track filtered) and can tap on all wp

I do not know whether OziExplorer Version 3955n - http://www.oziexplorer.com produces this problem or Locus..

Menion

no matter what I do ... no crash at all

may you please SeaFargo send me some log with this crash? Are you also using last version of Locus? (2.4.2)
  •  

SeaFargo

Hello Menion.

I've sent you the MIUI crash report. Let me know if you prefer a complete debug log strings.

In any case I use Locus Pro licensed v.2.4.2 and this is my system:

Build: MIUI-2.4.20
Bootloader: 0x0000
Kernel: Linux version 2.6.32.9-gb08c3c8 (vfcj78@zch68lnxdroid50) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Fri Jun 3 11:40:33 CST 2011

Board: jordan
Brand: MOTO
Build ID: MIUI-2.4.20
Build type: user
Codename: REL
Device: umts_jordan
Incremental version: 2.4.20
Model: MB525
Network name: I WIND
Network type: 3
Phone type: 1
Product: MB525_RTGB
Release: 2.3.7
Time: 7/6/2012 10:27
UI language: it_IT
Raf.
  •  

Menion

perfect, thanks. Interesting issue. I have no idea why this error happen, but I did some testing before place where it happen, so it should be fine in next version. Anyway it's not answer why you see only one attached point when you import first file.

May you please wait till next release and check this import in next version? I did some small improvements so it should work fine in next version. If not, we'll fix it next time .. thanks
  •  

SeaFargo

Quote from: "gynta"2 Small...:
 5 points 2tracks (MTB Rome small track + MTB Rome small track filtered) and can tap on all poitns
if i try to delete this 5 POIs in the data manager - Locus crash - deleteting the whole categorie fix this

1 Small...:
 5 WP (red dots) 1track (MTB Rome small track filtered) and can tap on all wp

I do not know whether OziExplorer Version 3955n - http://www.oziexplorer.com produces this problem or Locus..
Hello gynta

It's very strange, but we can confirm that we have different reactions.

for me:
1 Small: import procedure works (any endless problem) but it confirms to have imported 1 track (correct) and no mention of way-points (while they're 5). After that the track is visible, and only the last WP is visible as red point (named: SPEED). And if I tap it, Locus do an "unsuspected termination".

2 Small: import procedure works (any endless problem) and it confirms to have imported 2 tracks (correct) and 5 way-points (correct). And after the import everything seems working perfectly.
Raf.
  •  

SeaFargo

Quote from: "menion"perfect, thanks. Interesting issue. I have no idea why this error happen, but I did some testing before place where it happen, so it should be fine in next version. Anyway it's not answer why you see only one attached point when you import first file.

May you please wait till next release and check this import in next version? I did some small improvements so it should work fine in next version. If not, we'll fix it next time .. thanks
I have absolutely any urgent needs, Menion ;-) Any!

I was writing down this issue just to help.

I can easily solve importing tracks and way-points in separate GPX files.

I just try to give notice if I find something strange. That's it.

In any case thank you very much for your professional character, competence, and kindness also.
Raf.
  •  

Menion

you're welcome of course :). Every reported issue is more then welcome. Much more interesting on this is fact then You, me and gynta, each of us have little bit different behaviour.

We'll see next version ;)
  •