Anouncement: Vector cycle-maps now available

Started by kech61, May 27, 2012, 11:17:12

kech61

Quote from: "skids"for me in the UK, vector maps are a 2nd choice to the Ordnance survey maps, for effective navigation and most importantly SAFETY!

I perfect agree with you,

I spent many summers in Scotland, always with GPS AND OS-Maps, I would never ever rely on a smartphone while walking in Scottish Mountains.
Concerning contour lines: The Alpstein Maps for Austria have a smoothed contourset too, not always very pleasing in rocky areas.

best regards
Christian
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

col

Quote from: "kech61"
Quote from: "col"Ok, Thanks.

PM Sent
  •  

ppiter

Is it possible to see the data/routes from openmtbmap in the cycle-map as well? Do I need to adapt the theme and integrate mtb:scale and mtb:description? Or has the map not the necessary data for this?
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "ppiter"Is it possible to see the data/routes from openmtbmap in the cycle-map as well? Do I need to adapt the theme and integrate mtb:scale and mtb:description? Or has the map not the necessary data for this?

That is not possible at the moment bcause the maps dont have the necessary data. As far as I know, would Chris it perhaps implement in any of the next versions of his maps.
Regards J.
  •  

kech61

Quote from: "ppiter"Is it possible to see the data/routes from openmtbmap in the cycle-map as well? Do I need to adapt the theme and integrate mtb:scale and mtb:description? Or has the map not the necessary data for this?

Hi,

The Data is currently not included in the Cyclemaps, and to be honest - around my hometown there are dozends of MTB-Routes.
Only two are included in the OSM-Dataset so I have not invested major afforts in resolving these routes.

Next Winter I will take a look at this issue, its not an easy task because unlike to Garmin Maps there is NO tool for Android
to resolve the OSM-Dataset, all resolving have to be handcoded and preprozessed in Perl.

We can make a deal - you tag all MTB-Routes in the Waldviertel (NorthWest of Austria) and I code the MTB-Maps  ;)  ;)  ;)

best regards
Christian
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

ppiter

I will do my very best!
Thanks for your answer. I will wait for the next winter/spring!
  •  

kech61

Major Update

- All downlaods are now compressed in plain ZIP, this means:
) No more need for special tools for uncompressings
) No more problems with unnown file type (7z), zip is recognized by Android
) Almost every file manager is able to handle zip-files native (I recommend Totalcommander)

- New Maps:
) Special map+theme Iceland (Theme based on Voilatile by Jusc)
) Canada: British-Columbia in 2 Parts, Vancouver aera

- For all maps the coverage can be seen by klicking the "Map coverage" button

- All Maps are now hosted on a big payed account at Google, the download speed is > 2Mb/sec
(Thanks to all users who made this posible by their Donations !)

regards
Christian
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

Iren

Hello, sorry for my probably stupid question, but how do I select the cyclohc theme?
I have installed Locus Pro, and coppied all the neccessary files in the right directory, then selected the map in the app, but the map wont load. Now I know it wont load because I did not select the proper theme, but, holy hell, I have no clue how to select it.

Help please :)
  •  

tommi

Hi Iren,
welcome in the forum.
Keep cool, we'll find the problem.
Go to the Map manager, tab VECTOR. Tap on the tool icon on the right side of the map you want to view. Then tap on "Center map".
Now the map should be rendered.

Did this work?

A nice theme is the next step but even with the default theme (it is embedded in the app) the map can be viewed.
How to download the cylce-hc theme?
Goto Locus shop tab GRAPHICS, tap on "Cycle hc", tap on Download.

Everything fine?
  •  

Iren

Thank you for quick response. After I clicked on the map centering option, maps render fine now. Sadly, I have no WiFi access for the next few days, so I cant access the Locus shop now, but will try once I will have WiFi connection again.

Edit: But is it neccessary to download the cyclohc, when I already downloaded the .zip file via PC, extracted it, and coppied into the phone into the /_themes directory?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "Iren"Thank you for quick response. After I clicked on the map centering option, maps render fine now. Sadly, I have no WiFi access for the next few days, so I cant access the Locus shop now, but will try once I will have WiFi connection again.

Edit: But is it neccessary to download the cyclohc, when I already downloaded the .zip file via PC, extracted it, and coppied into the phone into the /_themes directory?
This should be fine. Just follow my instruction to select the theme:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... p_advanced Vector maps - Theme of the maps
  •  

Iren

Perfect :) Thank you
  •  

tommi

Hi kech61/Christian,
some area in northwest Gran Canaria (map Canary Islands) is flooded:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5tt2rpt9mug6 ... .31.44.png
Could you fix?

Have nice holidays!

Thanks,
Thomas
  •  

kech61

Hello Thomas,

Well, seems to be the usual problem with the strikt pline implementation in Mapsforge.

I will take a look at this pline.

best regards
Christian

sent with tapatalk
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "kech61"I will take a look at this pline.
Thank you, and of course it's in the Northeast of Gran Canaria
  •