Geocaching live problem

Started by sharpshot7, April 09, 2012, 16:22:49

sharpshot7

HI,

Is anyone else having problems logging into the geocaching live api?
I have reinstalled locus after changing rom on my zte blade and cannot log in at all.
When i try to login it pops up "login unsuccessful  - check your internet connection and login credentials and try again"

Where are my "login credentials"
It was working before i reset everything so what am i doing wrong? or is it a geocaching.com problem?

cheers
Steve
  •  

Menion

what you see when you tap on Geocaching Live function? If you're not logged, you should see at bottom button login that show web browser with login page on geocaching.com. I just tried this now, and login works for me correctly
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

sharpshot7

Thanks for the quick reply
There is no browser there?
After reinstalling i have had a lot of problems with google insisting i did not own locus (even though i have paid for it and it shows as purchased on the google market) ,i think this has sorted itself out but could this be linked to the problem with geocaching?
I've never noticed an problems with any other apps

thanks
  •  

Menion

hmm Geocaching Live service is independent on system you use (or it's problems)

when you start Locus and tap on Geocaching Live, what do you see? If you never used this feature or you reset settings of Locus, this should immediately start your Android web browser and allow you to login to geocaching.com pages. Is this happening to you? If not what you see?
  •  

wvb

Just checked and GC live function works as expected for me.

Sent from my SGSII CM9 with Tapatalk 2 beta
  •  

sharpshot7

Thanks WVB
There is a problem with my Locus registration which i am trying to sort with Menion.
Hopefully once this is sorted the Geocaching live will also sort itself out.
  •  

kokos42

I have similar problem with GC live. On my old Monte Carlo everything worked, no problems. Now I am starting to use Xperia Arc, but Geocaching Live cannot log into geocaching.com web page.
When I tap on "Geocaching Live" I can see: Login unsuccesful. Check your internet connection and login credentials and try again. Powered by Geocaching Live. Login.
After pressing "Login" I have no choice to enter valid login/password, it just tries again to connect, but with same result. And again, and again ...
What am I doing wrong?
  •  

sharpshot7

Well it seems like we are the only ones with this problem Kokos42!
I still cannot get it working and cannot find  any info online to fix it.
  •  

sharpshot7

[attachment=0:1po59z19]1334853404545.png[/attachment:1po59z19]
  •  

sharpshot7

I have just worked out what the problem was.
The date on my phone was set wrong when i installed the new rom :lol:
Strange that only locus was affected by this but thankfully sorted now  :oops:
  •  

kokos42

Hi
from today morning I have problem with Geocaching Live functionality - it cannot connect from Locus Pro to GC site (ver. 2.8.3 on Xperia Arc). My first cache today morning was OK (field note uploaded), but next two already not (upload of field notes failed).

After I try to upload field notes it says: Login unsuccessful. Check your internet connection and login credentials and try again.
Above it also one smaller window: Unexpected problem! Pleaase contact me with description of your problem. ERROR: ReturnCode:0

After click on Login button it connects me to GC web page, I can enter login/password, click on Allow Access, short message "Process Successful" appears for a while and than - another error message "login unsuccesful" ... :-(

I tried to reinstall app from market with no success - nothing solved.

Can anybody help me pls?

kokos42
  •  

Menion

try it now please ... I had same problem during a day, but seems to be problem on groundspeak server and all is working now. May you confirm it?
  •  

kokos42

Seems to be OK now, thanks for for a quick answer.

RegardS
kokos42
  •