something strange with offline altitude or hgt files

Started by jusc, March 18, 2012, 16:36:41

jusc

Hello,

I calculated a route from Muenster (Germany) to Hamburg. Afterwards I added the offline and online altitude.
Online (Google) seems to be ok, but offline?  :shock:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

jusc, nice report but quite useless. Please provide me part of track that have wrongly calculated route (you may check it on chart I think). There will be probably wrongly calculated one or more points, so I'll check it but need to know place to test ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Hello menion,

please see attached zip file. Within the offline and online calculated altitude Routes.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

perfect jusc, thanks. Issue was that wrongly set altitudes was below sea level. Problem fixed!
  •  

jusc

Sorry but I have to come back. Offline altitude is defect. Please compare the files.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

sorry, I was looking on it just before I published new 2.2.3 and forget to answer. Have to look precisely on data because interpolation in Locus seems to be correct but data I received from file seems to have some problems and still return value (256*256) / 2 ... I'll check it more carefully

also there should be one more problem. In case that data will not be correct and I'll not have available altitude value for some points, how to handle whole track? because I have no system when part of track don't have altitude values and part have ...
  •  

Menion

ah found it ...

However, areas where there is no data (voids) are assigned a value of 32768.
this is a problem. On such places aren't altitude data (probably due to really inaccurate values) ... so how to handle it. Cancel complete compute and notify as "altitude data aren't available from SRTM files"? or similar ...
  •  

jusc

I wonder how the online data can be correct in the same area. Is there any other source for offline data? If not, perhaps a warning as you proposed would be good. In this case users can change to online calculation.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2
Regards J.
  •