[APP] - version 2.0.X

Started by Menion, February 24, 2012, 10:17:53

gynta

Quote from: "menion"...but only few of you (and always same people) react and communicate with me about problems of testing version etc.
wait until the weather gets better :mrgreen:

gynta

In the new version i see all maps will be smoothed now. (see it on Vector ans sqlitedb)
Could there be some problems now? (e.g. for older devices)
see shots v2.0.1  <=> v1.16.3.2:

Menion

hmm didn't expect difference, nice ... no I don't expect problems on older devices, at least there are non reported

and testing version on dropbox. You'll be probably surprised with XML file. This is my definition of news that I put directly into app, so better for me then to rewrite this to some text file for you ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

seems like no one tried testing version from dropbox. I was curious what you think about small surprise. Ok, I'll release surprise now ... offline altitude calculation from SRTM files is implemented as most wanted Idea on getSatisfaction ... (and bonus is direct automatic download of missing files from internet) ...
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"seems like no one tried testing version from dropbox. I was curious what you think about small surprise. Ok, I'll release surprise now ... offline altitude calculation from SRTM files is implemented as most wanted Idea on getSatisfaction ... (and bonus is direct automatic download of missing files from internet) ...
Sorry, Menion. You are too fast for me.
  •  

Menion

no problem :D
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"seems like no one tried testing version from dropbox.

? i use it since yesterday!

Menion

and did you tried to fill altitude for points/track etc?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"and did you tried to fill altitude for points/track etc?
I tried it now with 2.0.1.4. It's amazing, the track I recorded earlier today with the bad altitude got now quite exact altitude information!

However the user interface for this is a bit beta:
Process Download, after few seconds "Process successful", but stays still in the Fill altitude menu.
Altitude didn't get filled in the track.
Then I press again Download and now after "Process successful" it returns from the menu and the altitude is filled in in the track.

In addition the file <coordinates>.hgt.zip should be removed after download.

Nevertheless a beautiful new feature which just needs a bit more fine tuning.
Locus, what else?
  •  

Menion

hmm thanks for report. Seems like some issue on your side because original zip file should be deleted. After successful download, left button should change from "download" to "offline" and compute should work. Anyway this should be done automatically, right. So thanks, I'll tune it a little bit ...
  •  

merilius

From facebook
*** 2.0.2 ***
- fix: disabling of GPS when display is off;

So do I understand correctly that now if I quickly want to check where I am, I need wait for GPS fix each time after turning the screen on? IMHO not great.
  •  

stebu

Quote from: "merilius"From facebook
*** 2.0.2 ***
- fix: disabling of GPS when display is off;

So do I understand correctly that now if I quickly want to check where I am, I need wait for GPS fix each time after turning the screen on? IMHO not great.
There's a setting that controls this action. Settings/GPS/Disable when hidden.
If you leave this box un-ticked, the GPS will stay on.
  •  

gynta

BlueTooth GPSdevice:
# There is no sound on SATfix. (enabled notification with a beep in the settings)
# There is no sound if i lost GPSsignal. (enabled with a 10sec beep in the settings)
# If i go inside the House with my BTDevice (BT conected with Locus) - Locus does not recognize there is no more Signal from the BTDevice.
# If i turned off my device - Locus does not recognize there is no more Signal from the BTDevice.
Testet with SGS2(2.3.5) & SGTab10.1(3.2) and RoyalTek BT2003 SIRFIII
Can someone please check this?

Menion

I'll check :). I can confirm missing sounds because I never did this. I'll also test rest because some similar issues are also on getSatisfaction so it surely need some improvement
  •  

Robin99

Quote from: "gynta"BlueTooth GPSdevice:
# There is no sound on SATfix. (enabled notification with a beep in the settings)
# There is no sound if i lost GPSsignal. (enabled with a 10sec beep in the settings)
# If i go inside the House with my BTDevice (BT conected with Locus) - Locus does not recognize there is no more Signal from the BTDevice.
# If i turned off my device - Locus does not recognize there is no more Signal from the BTDevice.
Testet with SGS2(2.3.5) & SGTab10.1(3.2) and RoyalTek BT2003 SIRFIII
Can someone please check this?

Ok. How about gps fix lags when you're using BT GPS device? I've reported this problem some time ago. When I go to satelites view, there is "last fix gpx" timer. I've 5 to 10 secs lags there. When I use external application to connect bt device (eg. Bluetooth GPS) gpx fix is refreshing much more frequently (about 1sek).
Do you have something like this?
  •