STOP Button Should Stop Track Recording

Started by GJS, February 22, 2012, 01:57:33

GJS

I have found Locus Pro to be very powerful, and fairly easy to use.  However, I have found one troublesome behavior.

It looks like Locus Pro continues to record track points after I press the STOP button.  It really stops after I press OK in the Track Save dialog, which may be some time later.  I was very surprised; I had been recording tracks in Locus Pro for more than a week before I noticed.  

This may explain why I have had so much trouble selecting a track recording interval (seconds) which gives a reasonable moving time compared with total elapsed time.  Often at the end of a walk I would STOP recording, go into the house, take off my gloves so I don't have to use a stylus, remove my earbuds, maybe hang up my jacket and go to the bathroom, then sit down at a table to fill in and save the track information.  The resulting track time can be several minutes too long, with a lot of zero-speed points at the end.

(I have enabled the option to automatically export GPX track files; I don't know whether that makes a difference.)

The obvious workaround is to save the track immediately after STOP, then later go back and edit the track info.

I think it would be more intuitive for the STOP button to stop recording points immediately.

-- George Snyder
-- Locus Pro 1.16.3 on Droid RAZR
  •  

Menion

Hi,
 yes I know about this. To be true, I wasn't thinking a lot about it. Anyway you're right with think, that when you press STOP, recording should stop, because that's why you pressed this button. So fix is quite simple. When you press stop, I press in background pause button. When you cancel track storing, I press recording again ...

so issue fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

GJS

Hi Menion --

That sounds like a good approach.  I suppose at worst, canceling the save dialog would leave a gap in the track log.  But if it's a short gap or a straight course, then the overall statistics should come out about right.

-- Thanks,
-- George Snyder
  •