<wpt lat="52.96433" lon="06.96333">
<name>N1</name>
<sym>Information</sym>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="52.96433" lon="06.87333">
<name>N2</name>
<sym>misc-sunny</sym>
</wpt>

When I import the waypoints, I have to choose a category. Later the waypoints are all displayed with the same symbol ( the one from the category ), but I would like to see the symbols described in the "<sym>" tags.
Am I doing something wrong? What has to be written in the "<sym>" tags to access different symbols?
Or is it impossible to import waypoints in one category with different symbols?
I have locus version 1.16.1

Thank you for any comments.
  •  

Toppy

Ok, I solved this problem by using the Locus API. Thanks to the great job of Menion. Now I send waypoints with different icons from my application directly to Locus.
btw: The waypoints are the result of a calculation about geocaching formulas such as:
51°32.(a*167)bc 7° 02.(a-100)+b*c
where I can for example let run "a" from 1 to 10 with step 1 and setting b and as constants -> leading to 10 different waypoints with the same icon shown by Locus. The "home-point" will have an other icon. So you can quickly see, which value "a" could possibly have.
  •  

Menion

hmm quite nice! I wanted to write you that tag "sym" in GPX files is not supported. Better is to use KML files with "style" tags, anyway seems you find much more interesting solution :), maybe some public addon? :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Toppy

Yes, I can make a public addon in the future. When I am ready, I let you know. :-)
  •