Track recording message in notification area

Started by joeloc, December 16, 2011, 17:18:39

joeloc

The track recording message in notification area is a bit boring. Doesnt even give Locus as program name. Could it maybe look like

Locus - track log with 10s/25m since %hh:%mm
myfancytrack - 02:10h - 23.6km - 523 points

first line has gps parameters and start time.
second line has track name & data.

updated not too often to save battery.
  •  

Rob

Click on the notification and you will find more options to display :-)
  •  

Menion

better notification was already there, but then I noticed that it consume quite a lot of CPU, so I rather removed it. Today I was playing a little with this, and seems that for updates once per minute it's not a problem, so I'll try to enable it and we'll see in terrain

PS: updated a little to your "preview"
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

Looking good now! Except it still doesnt mention the program name... which is kind of standard for the notification area. I'd replace "Aufnahme"/"Recording" with "Locus". But that's just nitpicking...

Locus is a funny name btw if you intend to sell your app in german speaking countries. But people have probably told you already :).
  •  

Menion

hmm program name ... not sure if there is enough place but I'll look at it ...

and yes, I already received few emails about this, but for me is funny that Germans choose such word http://latindictionary.wikidot.com/noun:locus for ... :)
  •  

elmuSSo

It would be nice to manualy configure this notification. Define some file in which the user would be able to format the text being shown. User would use the variables like %hh%, %gpspos%, %timetoarrival%, %distancetoarrival%, %altitude% and so on. Something like your custom screens... it would be also useful to let user decide how often the notification will be refreshed. Also a nice feature will be to put some info IN THE ICON. I'm using GPS Notification application which shows speed in kilometers/hour as its app icon. It would be just great to have the possibility to configure the Locus recording track icon with whatever user want. For example speed or altitude. Or maybe some color alarms, when gps is lost or its very close to the destination. To be informed about important thing without opening the app itself.

Tapatalk@CyanogenMod@HTCVision
  •  

muellmaen

Well, when I first saw Locus in the market I thought it might be something about public toilets... I was just curious and had a deeper look to find out that it is a really use full app ..... ok its going to be OT
  •  

Menion

"Locus -" added to start of track recording title
  •