Author Topic: [MANUAL] - using SQL map files bigger then 2GB  (Read 43426 times)

Offline Menion

• Locus team
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: Pixel 5, A12
Re: [MANUAL] - using SQL map files bigger then 2GB
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2013, 06:31:22 »
Hi,
  if map works fine for you, then there will be no problem with 2GB limit even in future. This problem is related on to Android 2.X, not to new 4.X+ versions (there should be on some devices problem with 4GB+ maps).

And captcha - seems this forum gets quite a lot of attention from some automatic spambots, so increasing complexity of captcha was only was to stop it for now
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download

Offline prawns

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Page
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GTN7105T
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2013, 06:39:33 »
Thanks for the quick reply :)

I managed the captcha on the sign up page, but for some reason it asked me another captcha the first time I tried replying to a topic,  Maybe I had too many tabs open and firefox got confused as this reply seems ok without a captcha lol  ;D

Its good to hear I should be good for -->4gig maps on my note2 (4.1.2 jellybean i think)

Locus is the best program Ive ever used for doing maps on a device and Ive tried literally dozens using iphones and androinds (including a hema 4wd atlas one which cost me AU$150 compared to locus at AU$9)  Well done mate Top job :)

Offline ch3ch2o6

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 14:18:40 »
Hello menion,
I'm not sure that we can't use file over 2 Gb in android :
I have the same surface in differents scales (a big part of France from geoportail, in MTB) from scale 12 to scale 16.
Scale 15 : 2 Gb, scale 16 : 5 Gb.
In Locus, all scales are ok without scale 16 because of the "limit" of 2 Gb.
In another .apk (from Spain), I can use the sames maps (the maps are in one directory only) and I can open without problem all the maps, the scale 16 also !
Do you know why ?

Offline Menion

• Locus team
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: Pixel 5, A12
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2013, 17:45:10 »
"another .apk from Spain" ... funny :). Orux isn't prohibited word on this forum if you mean this app. I was very pleasantly convinced of the quality of that app and also it's developer. Shame he's not from Prague, then we should make one app together :). Anyway back to topic ...

In older androids, there were problems with size over 2GB, so I had in Locus protection for adding such huge maps. Later I increased this limit to 4 GB for Android 4.0+ devices, but during a few months, your another persona who write me that also 4+ GB maps works on Android, but Locus still! have set 4 GB limit. So that's the problem

I'll remove this limitation to next version of Locus as it seems to have no more need ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download

Offline ch3ch2o6

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2013, 21:21:31 »
Hello menion,
Thanks for the answer.
I'm still waiting for this version.
For the .apk of Spain, maybe Orux or TwoNav ?
You are right, it is Orux.