[MANUAL] - using SQL map files bigger then 2GB

Started by Menion, January 17, 2011, 06:53:14

Menion

Hi,
  if map works fine for you, then there will be no problem with 2GB limit even in future. This problem is related on to Android 2.X, not to new 4.X+ versions (there should be on some devices problem with 4GB+ maps).

And captcha - seems this forum gets quite a lot of attention from some automatic spambots, so increasing complexity of captcha was only was to stop it for now
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

prawns

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I managed the captcha on the sign up page, but for some reason it asked me another captcha the first time I tried replying to a topic,  Maybe I had too many tabs open and firefox got confused as this reply seems ok without a captcha lol  ;D

Its good to hear I should be good for -->4gig maps on my note2 (4.1.2 jellybean i think)

Locus is the best program Ive ever used for doing maps on a device and Ive tried literally dozens using iphones and androinds (including a hema 4wd atlas one which cost me AU$150 compared to locus at AU$9)  Well done mate Top job :)

ch3ch2o6

Hello menion,
I'm not sure that we can't use file over 2 Gb in android :
I have the same surface in differents scales (a big part of France from geoportail, in MTB) from scale 12 to scale 16.
Scale 15 : 2 Gb, scale 16 : 5 Gb.
In Locus, all scales are ok without scale 16 because of the "limit" of 2 Gb.
In another .apk (from Spain), I can use the sames maps (the maps are in one directory only) and I can open without problem all the maps, the scale 16 also !
Do you know why ?
  •  

Menion

"another .apk from Spain" ... funny :). Orux isn't prohibited word on this forum if you mean this app. I was very pleasantly convinced of the quality of that app and also it's developer. Shame he's not from Prague, then we should make one app together :). Anyway back to topic ...

In older androids, there were problems with size over 2GB, so I had in Locus protection for adding such huge maps. Later I increased this limit to 4 GB for Android 4.0+ devices, but during a few months, your another persona who write me that also 4+ GB maps works on Android, but Locus still! have set 4 GB limit. So that's the problem

I'll remove this limitation to next version of Locus as it seems to have no more need ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ch3ch2o6

Hello menion,
Thanks for the answer.
I'm still waiting for this version.
For the .apk of Spain, maybe Orux or TwoNav ?
You are right, it is Orux.
  •