PLEASE HELP TTS NOT ABLE TO ENABLE

Started by vipin, October 21, 2011, 05:58:09

vipin

Hi,

I installed locus pro but the tts is not working, I have enabled tts settings on phone.i am using vector maps in india.

thanks in advance
  •  

Khaytsus

TTS works fine here, it just doesn't close the window out.  Otherwise, check your Android settings under Text and Speech and make sure you have TTS voices available.
  •  

vipin

Thanks for giving the reply .

After setting the destination for navigation Under choose voice option it displays " Text -to -speech (Pro)" even though i am using locus pro . I checked the phone text to speech settings, there its enabled and it works.

Default engine Pico TTS
Language English US

If any TTS binaries i need to download?

Is there any settings in Locus fo TTS?
  •  

Menion

wait for a while with this. I did during today a lot of improvements to this TTS system, so please test testing version that will be today or tomorrow here on forum. There are many problems with this system as I noticed (mainly what you have selected En in locus and are in GB or USA - this is not same for TTS and more), but I'm sure it will soon or later work without problems :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

vipin

Wow, Thank you. sure I will try it
  •  

Menion

so testing version is here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1013
  •  

vipin

My issue not solved:

Under TTS  choose voice options now it is displaying a question mark ?. I installed svox tts also but no luck.
  •  

Menion

don't understand ... where is question mark? in Locus? You have to have selected same language in system TTS as in Locus and then this have to work
  •  

vipin

where is question mark?
Under Navigation >Choose voice> Text-To-speech (TTS system as voice During navigation). Left side icon "?"

You have to have selected same language in system?

Yap, I tried some combinations. Not working
Default language US English
  •  

vipin

Sorry the image is little blured[attachment=0:35xrbtfs]Photo0073.jpg[/attachment:35xrbtfs]
  •  

vipin

Hi menion  :)

Any updates?
  •  

Menion

question on image is only a picture ... forget on it, it's there only because I don't have better :)

so you installed testing version here from forum and when you select TTS what you see? There have to be some text message on screen. If you see "process successful", than it have to work ...
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "vipin"Hi menion  :)

Any updates?
If you go into Android Settings -> Text and Voice and do the TTS tests there, do you hear a voice?  I don't think you'd yet verified TTS is working at all, some phones don't have TTS installed by default as the voices are pretty large.

And how about things like Google Navigator, voice working there?  Maybe a language mismatch?  TTS matches language with TTS language, so if you say have only the German TTS voices but your Android language is English, it won't have anything to use.
  •  

Menion

yes exactly. Only one more info. TTS system that have to match are 'Locus language' and 'TTS language'. So if you have working German TTS and have phone localized to English, select German in Locus and then it should works
  •  

vipin

Hi all,

Thanks for the info. TTS is working. Need to include more voice notification, Please consider next time.
  •