Xoom install error

Started by ggunther, September 28, 2011, 18:48:37

ggunther

I have an error coming up when I try to start locus after install.

"Cannot create Root directory, SDCard probably missing.  Insert it into device and run again!"

I then inserted a new sd card, rebooted, uninstalled app and reinstalled and am still getting the same error.  

This is the free version.
  •  

Menion

heh nice, may you please give me some more info
1. android version
2. absolute path to your internal memory
3. absolute path to inserted SD card

because I have also Xoom and absolutely without problem. I'm really curious if is possible that you have different paths to card
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ggunther

Android 3.2.1
Kernel 2.6.36.3-g111d827
sdcard /mnt/sdcard

not sure what you mean by internal memory path.
  •  

Menion

internal memory is path where program are usually installed data, internal memory ...

but this is really weird, i have same path

/mnt/sdcard to internal memory and
/mnt/external1 to inserted SD card

so I'm sure, it have to work on both paths. What can I do with you ... isn't you card read only or directory Locus read only?
  •  

ggunther

Yes, paths are the same.  Funny thing.  We installed on xooms about a month ago and it worked.  Now trying on our new ones and it doesn't.  How do I check read only?
  •  

ggunther

thank you for helping me so quickly.  I work with the US geological survey and some folks want to use this for geologic field work.
  •  

Menion

hmm don't know, probably with some file manager ... mnt .. yes ... download ES File Explorer from market. Then tap long click on Locus directory on /sdcard path and press properties. If this directory do not exist, try to create new one and you'll probably get error when this will not be allowed. If there will be Locus directory, try to delete it. maybe it's corrupted so this may help. But I'm sure it normally works, so there have to be some write problem with your system
  •  

ggunther

problem is that is worked on I think version 1.13.0 early september, now doesn't work on any of our new ones.  we have tried on several.
  •  

ggunther

Creating locus directory worked!!!!
  •  

Menion

hmm I just created debug version for you. So? when you create this dir manually, it works?
  •  

ggunther

yes
  •  

Menion

if you can (and want), test this free version on some tablet where is this problem. Please delete locus dir before, to obtain error as before. So start this locus version and after error run CatLog program (can be installed from market) and save log and send me it please
  •  

ggunther

ok
  •