import of waypoint from cgeo

Started by userxxx, September 28, 2011, 11:18:35

userxxx

I use to see all waypoints when calling Locus from cgeo, since recently, there is no waypoint, only the main coordinates.
As I also upgrade on cgeo part, I don't know whether this is a change on Locus (seems to happen with the change of icons), or on cgeo side (lot of dev there as well).

Can you check say with these caches: http://coord.info/GC2BAY6 and http://coord.info/GC2BAX9

Thanks
  •  

userxxx

Nobody to confirm the bug?
  •  

Menion

I just installed c:geo and tryed first geocache. Downloaded and stored in c:geo and then over menu -> navigate -> locus displayed in Locus and all correctly also with waypoints. Nice, don't even know about it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

userxxx

Thanks for testing, glad you discovered something nice.
I downloaded the latest cgeo release (from today) and tested again, same result, no waypoints displayed.
I have Locus 1.13.3., the merge waypoint option is not activated, and I zoom to be sure I would see the waypoints.
Would you thing of an option I should check that could interfer here?

Thanks again for your help
  •  

Menion

may you step by step describe me what you do? waypoint attached to cache are under cache page in locus on second button on bottom panel ..
  •  

userxxx

I did exactly the same as you:
Downloaded and stored in c:geo and then over menu -> navigate -> locus

But in Locus it only shows the position of the main coordinates, I don't see the parking, nor the waypoints.

I don't understand your last sentence, the second button on bottom panel is to rotate the map, then zoom-out : zoom in and last lock zoom (first button is to center)

Waow, I played a bit with Locus, and found a way to display the information, via the cache page, the guiding points (or waypoints?), I can display all.
I use to see all waypoints directly when arriving from cgeo. Would it be possible to active this by default?
  •  

Menion

fine you finally discovered this :)

this wasn't never active before ... weird. If you want quickly display these waypoint, I suggest to add "Geocaching tools" button on right panel and there is function called "load all waypoints" ... this should help
  •  

vatvedt

Thanks a bunch! This thread helped me as well. Earlier, Locus autoloaded all waypoints when navigating to a cache. Is there any way to do this now? That would be great! And is there any way to put the Geocaching Tools as a button on the Locus screen? For easy access to the tools?

Edit: Found the right panel, and added a button. Thanks! Now, is there a setting where I can set Locus to autoload cache-waypoints when opening a cache through c:geo? That would be much appreciated!

Either way, love your app. Bought it, since I'm geocaching abroad sometimes. Works wonders! :)

:)
  •