Position in height profile

Started by oskar88, September 26, 2011, 22:24:44

oskar88

Hello, I have been trying Locus Free for a while, and have bought Locus Pro from androidpit.
Congratulations on this fantastic app.
One thing I think would be very useful.
When I look at my imported track, I would like to know how far it goes uphill.
The best solution would be the track in different colors depending on the height,
but I've read that it is difficult to do.
Another possibility would be to display the position in height profile as in apemap.
Even better in the same screen as the map.
Top the map with my track, among them the height profile with my position on the track.
That would be great,i hope it is possible.

Thanks very much.

sorry for my poor english,I use the translator.
  •  

Khaytsus

You can do this, but not on the map..  Just in case you haven't see that function I'll walk through it, it's handy for me.

Data->Tracks.  Tap Track, click Fill altitude.  It'll take a few minutes, especially if it's a large track.  When it's done, tap the Track again and click Information, then Chart.

Agreed, it would be handy to see some altitude information on the track, but how would that be done...  Show a certain shading based on the grade?  Like say your track is blue, it shades to brighter green the larger the decent grade, shades to red the higher the ascent grade?  I think it'd be useful, especially hiking or cycling.

It would also be handy if once this Altitude data is filled to be able to see each point on the map's altitude.  You can see it if you click the point and then click the i icon for Information, but would be nice to see the altitude hover over the point like any other waypoint that has altitude information associated.
  •  

oskar88

Thank you, but i know this funktion.
It would be nice to see a line or a point in the height profile where i am on the track,like in "apemap"
I think it is very helpful in mountainbiking.[attachment=0:2vg2ygyk]Höhenverlauf.jpg[/attachment:2vg2ygyk]
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "oskar88"Thank you, but i know this funktion.
It would be nice to see a line or a point in the height profile where i am on the track,like in "apemap"
I think it is very helpful in mountainbiking.

Agreed, before and during the ride it could be useful.  What would also be nice if I could create tracks of various trails and combine them in different ways to compare them in terms of vertical pain ;)  I'd rather ride a mile around a hill than climb 400 feet and go straight over it.  I hate hills though..

Is it useful to you to see the trail on the map view in terms of altitude, or just within the track details?  Both?  Maybe Menion would put it on the todo list :)
  •  

oskar88

Just within the track details would also be good.
But this would be perfect. :D
  •  

Khaytsus

So what do the colors mean?  I only see blue and red?  And did you take a picture of your phone?  No screenshot app? ;)
  •  

oskar88

blue is my track,green dot is where i am.
its a screenshot app,
the height profile is from photoshop.
  •