License Problem, please help

Started by BlueCharge, September 21, 2011, 09:07:24

BlueCharge

Hello Menion,
recently I encountered the following problem: I own a licensed Locus Pro, and yesterday I bought the vector plug-in, but canceled it within time of repayment. This worked fine, but now my Locus says "license problem" and only works as free version.
Could you please help me to get back my Locus Pro license?
  •  

Menion

hmm this is really weird. Addon should not have any influence on main application licence. Anyway try to start Locus Pro with enabled internet connection. If this will not help, you'll need to reinstall application. Sorry for these troubles, have no idea how this should happen ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

BlueCharge

Ok thank you for your advice. I tried w/ internet connection and also re-installed locus. Market shows status "puchased", but the app remains showing the license problem popup.
What can I do now?

Thank you in advance,
Peter
  •  

Menion

Hey this cannot be possible! When you uninstall application and install it again from market, you still see "licence problem" dialog?? Are you sure you have enabled internet connection when you start Locus for the first time?
  •  

BlueCharge

This is strange, but it works now! Perhaps the internet connection was fast enough to post here, but too slow for license verification? I don't know, but the 20th or 21st retry worked then.
Now everything is as beautiful as it was before and I will use Locus heavily on vacation :-)

Thank you,
Peter
  •  

Menion

you're welcome Peter. I'm sorry for troubles, but sometimes ... happen something between sky and earth and I have no idea why :). Anyway good that this story have happy end! Enjoy vacation!!
  •  

Khaytsus

Menion,

What's the license check frequency?  Curious, given the nature of this program (offline caching etc), am I ever going to fire it up in the middle of nowhere and it refuse to run because it can't do its Nth day or Nth launch license check?  Could you outline what the parameters are here?  And is there any sort of temporary allowance, such as it'll complain but still function, but if it can't check its license in a day or something it'll stop working?  

Use case:  I'm in the woods, it decides to check.  I can deal with it nagging/warning but I can't have it just outright say "no".  I'll be able to let it check in later in the day, but I need it in the next few hours to cache/hike.
  •  

Menion

licence check is done once per 90 days or after updates that ends with 0.0, so for example when I'll update to version 1.20.0, it will also perform licence check. Anyway even when some critical problem occur and it will really need to check in deep woods, you'll still be able to use app as Free version, so with some limitation. It's the worst case .. :)
  •  

kelddaug

Hey Menion
Question: I have to be away from all kinds of telephone /internet access for 2 month.
Is it possible to have Locus Pro running anyway.? (License issues)
If I run it before I leave dk.?

Sent from my GT-I9100
  •  

Menion

I'm sure it will work without problem. When did you installed Locus Pro? Last version when licence check was reset was as I see, 20.8.2011 (version 1.10.0). So since that time will Locus works for 90 days without problem (as we talk about it, I'll increase this time). Anyway if you updated from older version to 1.10.0, you have to count 90 days. If you installed Locus later (new instalation), you count 90 days since that. You may also request for new licence check simply by reseting Locus settings (do not try to save it before and restore after - this will restore also old licence check) anyway by this, you'll loose all current settings
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "menion"licence check is done once per 90 days or after updates that ends with 0.0, so for example when I'll update to version 1.20.0, it will also perform licence check. Anyway even when some critical problem occur and it will really need to check in deep woods, you'll still be able to use app as Free version, so with some limitation. It's the worst case .. :)
Okay, then that's no problem.  Don't think I'm actually using any Pro features anyway, just support, and no ad bar ;)
  •