List of measurements which don't match set units

Started by Khaytsus, September 21, 2011, 02:32:09

Khaytsus

In an effort to combine these into one list, could anyone help me list any areas which don't match the set units in the preferences?  Here's the places I know of..

Hopefully menion can fix each as he has time  :D  And he is, quickly as always!

The following are always in Meters regardless of Units in settings:
  • Edit Point Altitude (Somewhat important)
  • Settings -> Track Recording, Interval, max accuracy, track width units (Somewhat important)
  • Settings -> GPS and Location, Adjust Altitude (Low priority)
  • Settings -> Sensors, Speed value (Semi important)
  • Settings -> Guiding, Waypoints: Distance for sounds, Waypoints: Set Next Point, Waypoints: Distance for Sounds (Low Priority)

Items that were always in Meters, but have been fixed:
  • Draw Circle under Geocaching tools
  • Projection Distance under Geocaching tools
  • Guided voice navigation I announces the number of feet but actually says "Meters" (TomTom voices don't have feet, but do have Yards)
  •  

Menion

hi,
  Draw Circle under Geocaching tools - fixed
  Projection Distance under Geocaching tools - fixed
  Guided voice navigation - I'm confuse :) and really need help. Now it says correct values in yards but below arrow is displayed value in ft (feet), so what are globally used imperial units? No one complain that "ft" units are wrong so I expect that this is correct, anyway it looks really weird that it says yards and show ft. Or do you think it's OK? Hmm ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "menion"hi,
  Draw Circle under Geocaching tools - fixed
  Projection Distance under Geocaching tools - fixed
  Guided voice navigation - I'm confuse :) and really need help. Now it says correct values in yards but below arrow is displayed value in ft (feet), so what are globally used imperial units? No one complain that "ft" units are wrong so I expect that this is correct, anyway it looks really weird that it says yards and show ft. Or do you think it's OK? Hmm ..
Awesome on the fixes!  

For the voice guidance, agreed, it's a bit quirky..  Tom Tom voices appear to only have Meters and Yards.  And even though it's not matching exactly, I personally would prefer to continue to see "XXX Feet" on the display but hear "Yards"...  300 feet, 100 yards.. etc..

Might be worth asking in the voice guidance thread to see what other folks think?
  •  

Menion

if this is OK, then it's also solved.

I know that some "(in metres)" values are also in Locus settings. I have to check it later but it will be little bit worst to set to correct values
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Khaytsus

Aha, hadn't looked in the settings for places, I'll write those down later, just to have 'em in one place ;)  Just noticed one more I'm adding to the list, Point edit data, altitude is in Meters always.

Thanks!!   :D

EDIT:  I added the list I saw in the settings...  A few would be nice, but if it's lots of work honestly for me anyway they're not a big deal.  Maybe todo list items.  The in-app functions are much more important, like waypoint projections, stuff like that, which you already fixed.  :)

Surprised nobody else has chimed in here..  Maybe nobody else is stuck on the Imperial system? ;)
  •  

Khaytsus

Verified the first set of stuff is fixed, thanks so much Menion!
  •