[APP] - version 4.19.+ ( 9/2023 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2023, 11:50:54

Andrew Heard

@menion - I think there is some timing glitch with the track recording > profile > Save & display = off: mostly when I stop recording & save the track I can then manually export the track from the bottom menu, but sometimes the dialog is not displayed, and the map is displayed immediately (with track correctly hidden). One or the other behavior is wrong.
LM4.23.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
agree, it may be useful. Unfortunately, I do not have "first trackpoint time" easily available for sorting in the database. There will be a major database update during next year, so I'll try to keep this in my mind  ::)

@Andrew Heard
inconsistency with categories is only partial. For me is more important consistency with the "Link with presets" system + as I mentioned before > the possibility of having a working fallback to the working internal profile in case, the external profile does not work.

Track recording problem > Unfortunately this does not happened to me yet. Anyway, I will try to add a small delay till the final screen is visible, if it helps.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 13, 2023, 13:05:27@Tapio
the stuck on the loading screen was with the latest X.10 version? Hope not  :-X
I have seen it today in 4.19.11

- Recording has been started via intent
- While on tour, I tapped app icon and it stayed in the starting screen. As in my above posted video.

There is no way I can check the map. Because of the active recording, obviously I don't want to stop/restart LM completely.

It could be related to auto pause. when it showed the behaviour, the orange "Paused" message appeared.

It regularly started at a later point. IDK why later. Maybe it is because it was not auto paused then.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

It maybe not directly related to LM, but does anyone know why (only lately) there is sometimes no option to download the APK file from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/...?
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Menion

@Tapio
thanks, I've made some improvements to make it more robust, so next version.

@Andrew Heard
Hmm interesting ... I have identical problem in Vivaldi  :-\

Andrew Heard

The Download item in the context menu is there today. Weird. It's only become an issue in last few weeks. Another Vivaldi user - bravo ;-)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on October 11, 2023, 08:00:354.19.0 route planner bug, walking profile (if relevant) - if I tap on an intermediate POI & tap plus (+) to add to the route, and IF this POI is closer than other shaping points in the route, THEN the whole route is recalculated. I've never seen this weird behaviour before. I'm touring at present so difficult to record a video, although that would better explain I'm sure. If I tap the road instead of POI then routing is ok. 100% reproducible but difficult to explain sorry. Will investigate YouTube.
@menion - solved - my misunderstanding of the 3 Route Planner buttons +- -+- -+. I was tapping the middle -+- button but incorrectly expecting the point to be appended rather than inserted into the route. Live & learn.

4.19.0.11: the improvements to the Route Planner look good to me. There is one profile I have "shortest" which is often very useful. I wonder whether this could be an option, initially hidden, saved in Other category?
  •  

Menion

Beta 4.19.0.12

With two new features :)
And many fixes regards routing profiles and app start.

@Andrew Heard
Anything related to "How the app computes routes - routing profiles", to @Radim V here.

balloni55

Quote from: Menion on November 16, 2023, 13:37:15Beta 4.19.0.12

With two new features :)

Hello menion
"search for a single cache based on it´s cache code"
is it possible to display the cache type of the cache after the search so that you know under which category it is to be saved?
Locus Map 4.23.1.5 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: something in the overlay mechanics seems to have changed.
Before (correctly), ZL 1-11 were by World map, overlay covered ZL 12 and 13.
Now the behaviour is weird:
- going up the zoom levels, ZL 12 shows a 50% view of ZL 13 content, ZL 13 is OK, ZL 14 is a useful and meangingful vector map
- going down to 13 is OK, going to ZL 12 from there shows ZL 12 the slow vector map view, ZL 11 is OK again.
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Tapio

"Aspect based slope shading"
a) Are we talking about <screenshot>
b) What has changed?

IMO the routing profiles screens are big space wasters. Not elegant. Eg, the biiig "Navigation command" warning. Maybe only show once? Or much smaller? You could offer multiple routing profiles already on the first page, for direct selection.

freischneider

Quote from: Tapio on November 16, 2023, 19:04:16"Aspect based slope shading"
a) Are we talking about <screenshot>
b) What has changed?

IMO the routing profiles screens are big space wasters. Not elegant. Eg, the biiig "Navigation command" warning. Maybe only show once? Or much smaller? You could offer multiple routing profiles already on the first page, for direct selection.
No, the one in your picture should be the bottom one.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on November 16, 2023, 21:06:51No, the one in your picture should be the bottom one.
ohh... overlooked it.

Andy Warhol slope mode?

@Menion, can you explain a bit? So it shows slope colors depending from... current gps position? Map center? I have not yet seen it changing the colors, eg tried indoor gps simulation (red icon).
  •  

Tapio

- I have again seen the issue with the intro screen not disappearing, exactly as in YT video above

- I created a track with route planner, then went out of it without saving... The temporary track, with all its shaping points was still visible in LMs main map view, for ~5 seconds
  •  

michaelbechtold

Like Tapio I had a loss of ongoing work with the route planner.
The routing was purely manual. And with each point added the response got slower and slower.
Until crash, without recovery of the track I was building.
Memory issue?
Maybe plus non-linear algorithms?
  •