Sort results

Started by tannenzäpfle, February 12, 2023, 12:33:13

tannenzäpfle

Is it possible to sort search results of tracks by length and not by distance?
Thank you
Hartmut

LM 4
  •  

Tapio

No sorting there at all, a weakness of Locus. Create suggestion @ Helpdesk?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hmm, how do you imagine this should work? Currently, the app requires some location and searches for the nearest tracks in a selected folder around the defined location.

But sorting by distance? Maybe just keep the search system as is and just allow sorting the result (currently limited to 250 tracks) by distance? Does it make sense? Hmm or a combination of distance from the defined location & length? Probably Monday morning but I have not idea how to combine it  :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Tapio on February 12, 2023, 13:06:34No sorting there at all, a weakness of Locus. Create suggestion @ Helpdesk?

Sorting by distance we enjoy since years, I suppose. Just "search" without any keyword.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

May I remind you guys kindly about OPs question? 😁

"Is it possible to sort search results of tracks by length and not by distance?"

I think it would be great if we could sort search results, by everything that makes sense. (Length of track, Name, Creation time, Distance from map center etc etc)

I was a bit unclear. Results of course were sorted, but user cannot apply another kind of sorting.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Tapio on February 13, 2023, 15:44:12...
... Results of course were sorted, but user cannot apply another kind of sorting.

I would not have posted re. above statement :-))
All good.
  •