Icons that appear in android gallery

Started by Gammalerik, September 16, 2011, 10:45:34

freischneider

I also had these pictures from the folder in my gallery. I deleted it from the gallery. Was that a mistake? What exactly do I have to do with nomedia?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

michaelbechtold

.nomedia is simply a convention in Android to make gallery apps skip folders from analysis/display.
So you should not delete in Gallery for thsi reason.
  •  

freischneider

•  

michaelbechtold

Depends: if your gallery simply HIDES those images, then the gallery even might have added the .nomedia file (just have a look there). If the gallery DELETED the images, thee is nothing to hide anymore for now. But you might want to see those Icons in the future and re-install them ? Then make sure you have the .nomedia in their folder.
  •  

freischneider

Did not work.
I found the file in a backup and copied it. During the reinstallation I had copied the Locus folder as the original and saved it.
I restarted the device afterwards.
  •  

Menion

Not sure if there is more that may be done here. ".nomedia" file is a generic solution used not just on Android devices to prevent media scanners from using the content of this directory. And it should work on all cases. I may only assume it is some kind of caching problem with your media app.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •