Locus addon for Pebble

Started by zigzag, May 04, 2016, 09:59:49

eldron

@zigzag
I uninstalled the watchapp and when I tried to install it again I was told that I´d have to update my watch first.
Not sure why that was necessary, if you can still use the app on your pebble classic with an even older firmware...
So I just used my lunchbreak to update my watch and then your watchapp. Looks like everything is working fine. I was reluctant to update, as there is a thread on the pebble forum about crashes in apps that use the compass with firmware 4.0 (and 4.01 as well).
Now the long press works and I can change the refresh rate from my watch - nice solution!
  •  

erwinmitg

Hello zigzag,

great app, I love it!

Problem here with the compass:

In pebble I set a field to "guidance direction (calculated from moving)" and I thought, that pebble then shows the same compass direction like in locus, but it don't.

For example, I drive for 15 seconds just straight, then locus compass (calculated) shows straight, but pebble (calculated) differs a lot (shows for example right).
Sometimes it workes very well, than again not.
So its not reliable at all and makes orientation difficult.

When I switch to the build in compass of pebble, it's absolutely useless at all (ok, thats the hardware of the watch, we can't change here anything,  I guess).

So, to sum up:
It would be very nice and useful, if the (calculated) compass of pebble really shows the same direction like the locus gps direction.

How is it in your system?

I really appreciate your help and thoughts,
Erwin
  •  

zigzag

Hello Erwin,

The guidance direction (calculated from moving) and the compass (calculated from moving) are working when you are in moving. If you stop, it is not accurate. In moving the 12 o'clock is your moving direction, and the arrow shows the destination.

The built in compass:
Before use it rotate the watch every direction.

ZigZag
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: erwinmitg

erwinmitg

Thank you zigzag for your good explanations and hints.

So, the arrow shows the destination (or just north of course). I finally got that.

But now, as proposal:
it would be very useful, when the arrow also would be able to show the "next navigation action point".
I think, that would be really helpful, because thats the point in practice you have to work with, what is your nearest aim and destination.

The overall destination isnt sooo important, because s.times you will get there, ok.
But the next action point, thats always the little challenge.

Would be happy, if it's possible for you you to add this.

Erwin

•  

zigzag

Hello Erwin,

The guidance direction show on
- Guide on: direction to the destination point,
- Navigate to: direction to the action point,
- Guidance (guidance along the track): direction to the next track point.

ZigZag
  •  

erwinmitg

Hello zigzag,

I tested it, and I'm convinced that at "navigate to" it shows not the next action point,it shows the destination.

Greetings, Erwin
  •  

zigzag

•  

erwinmitg

Hello ZigZag,

thanks you asked Menion! Looking forward to changes.

Another bug (?) I explored recently:
when "Heartrate Zone +HR" or just "Heartrate Zone" is shown (of course your addon HR Zones installed),
Pebble shows as HR Zone all the time "5".
No matter what HR, just 5.

The acoustic alarm works without problems.

Do you have a idea?
Is it my failure or a bug?

Below some pictures for better understanding.

Appreciate your app and work a lot. It's fun!!

Erwin

•  

zigzag

Set the hr zones in LocusAddonPebble app.
  •  

erwinmitg

Quote from: zigzag on April 06, 2017, 22:17:47
Set the hr zones in LocusAddonPebble app.

Oh, I didn't see it. Thanks!  8)
  •  

toong90

I'm a heavy locus pro-user (city, mountainbiking, walk&fly etc.) and using mostly the offline-maps. Locus Map is the best choice for me !

Cymru2010

Hi all,
I've got a newbie question.
I am not getting ANY data displayed on my Pebble watch and looking for ideas on where I may have gone wrong.
Here is my setup and installed apps.
Pebble 2 with HR
Locus addon+ installed in watch
Locus addon for Pebble on my Android
Locus map Free on my Android.

Set the Misc --> Enable periodic updates ON.

App launches on the watch. Settings on Android app updates the watch app e.g. configure page items.
Watch can start track recording on Locus.

As I say, there is some communication between watch and Locus, but absolutely no data being displayed on the Pebble.

Please help or give me some suggestions. Everyone else seems to be having loads of fun with their watches. I want to join in.

Cheer.
  •  

Menion

Good day Cymru,
there seems to be some issue in latest version of Locus Map. We are working on the solution.

Thank you for understanding.
Menion
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Cymru2010

Thanks Menion for the information.
I will look out for the update and then re-check.
  •  

benuli

Good Morning, I have the same issues since last locus pro update and I hope I can use my pebble as bike computer at the weekend again... :) ;) :D
Benuli
  •