Locus and Bluetooth

Started by ralhil, August 19, 2011, 19:24:10

ralhil

Hi.First--thanks for this great work.With internal GPS and Tracking it works but when i use Bluetooth my Tracking freeze.I think its not a problem of my phone,with (sorry) Orux it works great.
  •  

Menion

Hello Ralhil,
  I found your new topic here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3125 . When I look on your post, almost all are related to Bluetooth GPS. This post is almost two years old, so sorry for a quite late response :)

Anyway, if there are any problems with connectivity, it's better to contact me, then in German section (sorry, I don't understand German even a word). Gynta and many others are very very kind and helpful, but are short on problems that should be in Locus. Also they're not developers, so it's not necessary to bother them with bad mood and repeating problem. I'm here for this ..

So back to topic ... seems you still have some problems with BT GPS. Is this only problem? If so what happen, Locus do not even connect to BT device? May you write me which phone, android version and BT device you use?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ralhil

Hallo menion,thanks for your answer.
1: i can connected with Bluetooth to my Devices (Samsung Galaxy S3) but not continuously.Sometimes it works for 1 hour and the next time for only 10 minutes.
2: i use the newest Android Version for the S3---it's 4.1.2.
3. my Bluetooth Devices are--Qstarz 1000xt and the new Garmin Bluetooth GPS Mouse GLO.
Otherwise Locus works fine for me.I love this App,because this Bluetooth Problem makes me crazy.
  •  

Menion

sure, you're welcome ..

so you write it works for limited time. And then what? I ask because Locus has reconnecting mechanism, so if you lost connection to any BT device, Locus should try to connect again after few seconds. Isn't there problem that Android itself completely close Locus after some time? That for example you put Locus into background and after few hours, it's completely closed together with connection to GPS?
  •  

berkley

Ralhil,
are you using stock Android 4.1.2 or some custom ROM?

I'm owning a Qstarz 1000xt myself. And it works well together with Locus. My older and newer testing devices are SGS1, SGS2, Nexus7, Asus Transformer, some other phones from friends of mine, even a Micro-Android-PC connected to my TV are holding the bluetooth connection.
I really can confirm the reconnection mechanism Menion is talking about.

We really like to help you, but you need to answer our questions, so we CAN help you!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

ralhil

Hi berkley,
please look at my first post.Point 2.
  •  

Menion

so after almost two years, you have exactly same problem? Interesting ... between that I completely changed way how Locus works with BT devices and you still have this problem with latest 2.12.0 version?

If so, then why you do not try any external program? There is no need to use Locus internal system for BT GPS. I may suggest for this application https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid.btgps which make a working connection between BT GPS and any application that use GPS location. So you may try this.

And if you want to fix this problem in Locus, there is need for logs. You may create them by this method http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... eation_log
  •  

jusc

@Menion,

I just tried to use Locus with Bluetooth directly, but I couldn't get it to run.
Phone is Note 2 with a  Cyanogen 4.2.2 custom rom derivat.
The Bluetooth device is a Jentro GPS mouse.
With a Bluetooth app it works.

So if I can help, please let me know.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

jusc I think you already know methods :)

if you want to make some problem working
1. I need exact description, what happen, where is stop etc..
2. usually helps logcat for start. If not, I may create some testing versions with additional debug information
  •  

berkley

Menion,
in general, you can point them to new "Android Studio". So they don't need to root their device to create a log file.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

there is already prepared pack for this case http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... thout_root
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "menion"there is already prepared pack for this case http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... thout_root

nice, perfect!!!
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"jusc I think you already know methods :)

Yes I know, but in the moment I am not at my PC. What I mean, after pairing the system  Bluetooth with the GPS mouse, the Locus internal connection to Bluetooth mouse doesn't work. If I choose the connection over an other Bluetooth app, the connection works fine.
I'll go to make it more clear tomorrow.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

I thought that BT GPS works fine in all cases in Locus, but seems not ... if you'll want spend some time with this, we should fix it. I'll be out-of-service tomorrow, maybe also in Saturday, so no hurry ...
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "menion"I'll be out-of-service tomorrow, maybe also in Saturday, so no hurry ...

I guess chances are not good that you'll be out of service for 2 weeks?
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •