CyanogenMod mounts /external_sd to /mnt/emmc

Started by wvb, August 18, 2011, 18:43:09

wvb

I just installed nightly 25 of CM7 for SGSII and Locus can't find my vector maps anymore.
The issue seems to be that by default SGSII mounts external_sd to /external_sd but CyanogenMod mounts it to /mnt/emmc and Locus doesn't seem to look there (which I understand :) )
Do you have any tips for me on how to get it working again?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

berkley

Internal memory in sgs2 is big enough. ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

wvb

Yeah, but I can't seem to find the folder to put my vector maps on my internal :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

wvb

ok, it seems that Locus checks if a directory /sdcard/external_sd is present and if it is it will put a directory named Locus in there
it will no longer check other places like /sdcard/Locus or /mnt/emmc/Locus
since I changed from a Samsung based rom which uses /sdcard/external_sd to mount the external sd card, the directory existed although it was empty since CM mounts external sd in /mnt/emmc
so after deleting the directory /sdcard/external_sd Locus started using the /sdcard/Locus dir to find the maps and stuff so I'm all set now :)
  •  

Menion

it do not work in this way. I do not have some predefined paths from root!

In android exist function 'Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory()' which return path to external storage. Usually it's SD card or internal storage (and sd card is then in some subdirectory). Some new phones anyway have some weird paths so I have to add some predefined paths directly from root. It's your case. Internal storage is mounted to /sdcard/external_sd but SD card is on different path ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

thanks for the technical explanation, it makes it easier to understand now :)
  •