Locus is crashing very frequently

Started by ColoradoGeoHound, August 16, 2011, 19:36:57

ColoradoGeoHound

I  have been getting a lot of force closes during geocaching.  My log directory contains 19 crash-......err files in the last week alone.

The problem seems to happen when I enter a geocache log then hit the OK and back buttons.

I also keep getting the message N0000 tiles were not saved correctly, please ensure that your SD card is not full....  I have about 20gb free on my SD card.
  •  

Menion

please, install program called CatLog, run locus, bring crash, run CatLog and save and send me log from this program. I hope I'll find and repair this error. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ColoradoGeoHound

I have sent you an email with the catlog and instructions on how to reproduce this.  I can easily reproduce it on my HTC EVO 4G with 2.2.3  but cannot on my Thrive tablet with 3.1.  

The crash happens when I use the back button from the geocache screen to the compass screen when the message about saving a log is still on the screen.
If I wait for the message to fade off, the crash does not happen
If I hit the home button while the message is up, the crash does not happen

Start Locus Pro
Select a cache
Click on the navigation button (two arrows a a circle)
Click Guide On
Click Compass (added to side menu)
Click on the cache button on the top menu
Click on write log
Click OK    (Message that the log was saved is shows)
Count to two
Click Back button
Crash!!
  •  

Menion

hmm this do not bring crash also on my phone. I unfortunately do not received email, so please attach crash logs here or send me it to locus(a)asamm.cz, thanks
  •  

ColoradoGeoHound

This issue appears to have been resolved with version 1.11
Thanks
  •  

Menion

good to hear. I have a few reports on market (reported by users) about crash, but in log is absolutely no clue, how this crash happen. So sometimes, crash log isn't enough. Best is crash log, together with description how exactly this happen and how can I crash it also at home. Anyway good that now it's better :)
  •