some ergonomics suggestions

Started by delachaa, August 08, 2011, 12:41:31

delachaa

Locus is a great product but it is always possible to improve some details in terms of ergonomics. Here are some suggestions:

1) At the track log : The distinction between 'recording' and "not recording" should be much more visible. For example, in the REC mode, I suggest to paint the whole button  in red. It is equally important to make sure we start well and also recording the stop is effective. This is important because these operations are by definition carried out on the field, often in poor lighting conditions.

2) Add a command to quickly change the level of backlight (without leaving Locus) in the forest because if a low level can save the battery when the sun comes out, the screen is unreadable and must then change the settings or use a third-party product to change the level of backlight. (Proposal already made in the post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=855

- Download maps:

3) The "V" button to start the download is not very explicit and too reminiscent of recording tracks (it would have to put a text or picture clearer (like a big arrow down)
   4) In the list of types of download, there is no one who is (pre)selected. It should be stated.

5) Data import: when browsing directories, we see not in what directory we are. It would be useful to display at the top of window, the current directory path like " sdcard / Locus /"

I think these changes are not too complicated to make and can facilitate the use for all
  •  

Menion

very nice tips, indeed. Thanks ...
1) ... still not sure how to simply improve, we'll see ...
2) I think much better to use mentioned software
3) improved
4) first zoom preselected
5) I'm still forgetting on this :) added (links are clickable)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stebu

One more idea. The entry for a projection (degrees and meters) starts out with "0.0" in both fields.
Almost always I have to delete (backspace) at least the the last zero and the point.
Couldn't the field be empty by default. This would have the extra bonus, that then you can also see the units (degrees and meters).
  •  

Menion

fine stebu, no problem ... done
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •