Geocaching: GPX Import: Format of Listing

Started by Ted Quinlan, August 07, 2011, 09:15:33

Menion

thanks stebu, good to know. So both will be supported now. If there will be any problems with html=false, let me know. I only changed line breaks and more then one spaces for equvivalent html value ('<br /'> and &nbsp;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Ted Quinlan

Yeah, nice. I just came back from caching and there I saw that another listing was correct ... as stebu said. Very good that both are supported now, thanks menion.
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion!

Has something been changed with additional waypoints in 1.9.6?
Yesterday I was testing my GPX files and got extra the waypoints. With the new release I cannot get them :( The first POI info box shows "Waypoints 0". And the geocache box does not show them.

If I have a large GPX file (~1000 geocahces) does it matter where the extra waypoints are in the file?
And how is a waypoint (e.g. PA12345) connected to a geocache (GC12345)? I guess you take away the prefix 'PA', replace it with 'GC' and have the connection?
Are there any requirements on the prefix 'PA'; can it be any two characters?

Even this simple GPX file does not show the additional parking and trailhead points. It was loaded directly from geocaching.com (Send to GPS).
  •  

Menion

thanks, yes I did some more support for import final waypoints together with cache in one file and one mistake occur. fixed now
  •  

stebu

You're wellcome!
I have a bit unrelated questions:
1) I lost the place where I can find the latest testing versions
2) If I uninstall Locus Free, will the cached maps, POIs still remain?
  •  

Menion

1) latest testing version are here on forum in "versions" section, but I'm currently publishing testing versions only when I have something important to test. Anyway maybe today in afternoon I'll add here one testing version
2) yes, all these information are on SD card (or internal memory). You'll lost only settings of Locus. Anyway this can be stored in program preferences where is "Save preferences" possibility
  •  

stebu

OK, thanks!

I tried the testing version and it does show the additional waypoints (child waypoint).
But there is a catch, I don't know if it is your problem or mine?
If the child waypoint immediately follows the actual geocahce, it works fine. It will be included as a waypoint in the geocache listing.

BUT if the child waypoint is somewhere else in the file, it will be shown as a separate point and has no connection to the actual geocache. I was hoping that a waypoint S12ZXXX would be automagically connected to a geocache GC2ZXXX.

Would it work, if the child waypoints were in a separate file?

I need these kind of points for example for solved mystery caches. If others do not complain, then it is my fault and I have to collect my child waypoints and place them immediately after the 'parent' geocache.
  •  

Menion

yes, thats how this system works. It's not a bug, it's how is it done. Anyway how you create file (and mainly why) where additional waypoints are somewhere in file? Original PQ files have waypints in separate file and all other programs place waypoints immediately after cache. Is this problem for you? Anyway when you have file for example 'my-cache.gpx' and you place new waypoints into 'my-cache-wpts.gpx' (which will be in same directory), then when you import first file, locus will automatically load second as well. Try it and let me know  if there will be any problem
  •  

stebu

OK, I tried it.
Separate file causes that the waypoints are shown always, without any connection to the original geocache. Maybe I did something wrong?
So I modified my "PQ" generator to place all waypoints immediately after the geocache, this works as I wanted. (After I cleared the cache, apparently some old waypoints were still haunting me).

I'm happy! It is hard to think of new improvements; maybe you could make my battery last longer ;)
  •  

Ted Quinlan

Hello Menion,

just tried the new version of locus and the geocaching addon. Unfortunately, I still have the problem with the listing. I added a Screenshot that shows how it looks like for me...
May you look at it once more?

Sent from my Defy
  •  

Menion

hi,
  did this happen for you for every cache? I just tried few and all are formated well. Maybe again some problem with html="false/true" in cache listing?
  •