Both versions sharing same folder. HELP

Started by bendy303, October 18, 2024, 19:54:51

bendy303

I have both versions of Locus, the Classic and the Pro

I dont want to waste space, so I want them both to share the same downloaded vector files.

The setup wizard in Classic detects the pro installation, but it is terribly written text, and there is no suggestions at all which folder should be chosen.

I have no idea, and none I chose seem to work.

I chose:

Android > media > menion.android.locus
Android > media > menion.android.locus.pro
Android > media > menion.android.locus > maps
Android > media > menion.android.locus > mapsVector
Android > media > menion.android.locus.pro > maps
Android > media > menion.android.locus.pro > mapsVector

NONE of these directories were accepted.

Please tell me a clear instructions to get both apps working. I am on holiday and I don't have time for mucking around with badly written documentation

I have android 14, and its a new phone, the Motorola Edge 50 Fusion, fresh install of both apps

cheers

Ben

•  

freischneider

Locus Classic It's the old Pro. It's just an app. Do you mean Classic and Locus Map 4, LM4?
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Ben,
I have both installed, too. ANd I feed both from the same vector and same raster maps folder resp.
Can you check, if the
  settings - backup&filesystem - file system manager - set custom sub-directories
offers you to move the mapsVector folder anywhere in the file system?
Check 2: in the Locus maps manager, can you
  import map - local OR system file manager
from anywhere in the file system?
If the answer to both is "no", then the only way forward is the AFA version of both apps (see any Menion post for the link to Google Drive).
  •  

Michal

Quote from: bendy303 on October 18, 2024, 19:54:51I have both versions of Locus, the Classic and the Pro

I dont want to waste space, so I want them both to share the same downloaded vector files.
Hi,

beginning with Android 11, apps are not allowed to share a common directory. Each app can only use its own private directory. We "hacked" this restriction by creating an unofficial "all files access (AFA)" version which is available in our public repo at https://bit.ly/lmVersions

QuoteThe setup wizard in Classic detects the pro installation, but it is terribly written text, and there is no suggestions at all which folder should be chosen.
The "terribly written" text is in the app or in the user manual? Which text in particular? What exactly is not comprehensible?

PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •