Viewing current location as MGRS instead of Lat/Lon

Started by superscout03, January 05, 2011, 17:47:47

superscout03

Great application you have here, and I am now using it in the area where I am with my galaxy tab, it uses GPS instead of cell towers. One quick question about the coordinates display, I can only use and see my location as Lat/Lon and UTM based locations. Is there any way to be able to add MGRS grid locations without going through the whole process of using an external app to convert locations. If i could just add a point on the map by entering a MGRS location instead of Lat/Lon that would be awesome. and being able to see my location as MGRS.
  •  

superscout03

any way that this is possible? like if you select menu and "move map" and then select "to coordinates"  and at the top of the tab is the scroll down list  of coordinate formats, but the only formats are WGS Lat/lon and UTM. But having MGRS coordinates would make manually entry very easy especially for regions around the world that use MGRS for navigaton. Any way I could manually enter in a program to Locus to either add MGRS or convert Lat/Lon into MGRS?
  •  

Menion

hi,
 I'll have to look at this more precisely. As I see on Wikipedia page, MGRS is derived from UTM system, so it probably shouldn't be too hard to create. Stay tuned! After some main things I wanna do (route recording and directions support) I'll find time for this also ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Ok, MGRS support finally added into new testing version (will be published today)
  •  

superscout03

Did you release it? this is like christmas for me! I have not seen the update yet though. =)
  •  

Menion

nono not yet, I was playing whole day with augmented reality ...

today, I promise :)
  •  

Menion

so try showing MGRS in last testing version 0.9.26.3. You can show them by tap on Locus title on map screen. Works fine? Please test
  •  

superscout03

MGRS grid locations works great now. Went and tested it at some known locations and compared it to my garmin as well. All is great thank you. Awesome upgrades as usual! 5 stars!
  •  

Menion

uff, finally. Fine, I did some fix to south hemisphere and now all should work fine. Closing topic..
  •