Navigate reversely

Started by GusGF, August 25, 2024, 00:25:16

GusGF

If a route I'm following e.g. A-B and at some point I decide to turn around and go B-A. How am I supposed to do this? I've tended to use Navigate reversely (offroad only). Is this to do with the fact you cannot guarantee it's integrity i.e. one way streets? So what is the correct way to do it then?
Using Locus 4
  •  

Graf Geo

Yes, in this case correct application of traffic rules, one way streets etc. can't be guaranteed.

Alternative: Stop navigation, recalculate route with route planner and set "reverse route direction".
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  

GusGF

I'm not clear on how to recalculate and set "reverse route direction" for any specific route I might have in my library. Also isn't there a likelihood the route will end up being different even if there are no traffic rules, one way streets etc to be worried about?

BTW I searched the Locus help docs and the most useful thing I could find was "Recalculate - manual trigger of route recalculation and indicator of selected navigation profile." halfway down the page. And what is suggested is not happening for me i.e. "Short tap recalculates the route in the selected navigation profile." Not for me it doesn't. I know the help docs are hopelessly outdated in places so this could be the issue.
Using Locus 4
  •  

freischneider

In the route planner, menu top right.
If help documents are out of date, please contact the Helpdesk. I myself have not yet found any incorrect documents.
The same applies if something is still missing or should be better explained. https://help.locusmap.eu/
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

1. Tap on the track and in the bottom menu > "Re-route".
2. It opens Route planner and here in the side menu as @freischneider wrote, tap "Reverse route direction".
3. Start navigation also in the menu ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: GusGF

GusGF

Quote from: Menion on August 26, 2024, 08:59:511. Tap on the track and in the bottom menu > "Re-route".
2. It opens Route planner and here in the side menu as @freischneider wrote, tap "Reverse route direction".
3. Start navigation also in the menu ...

Thank you Menion that's much clearer. Sorry I couldn't find this in the docs and if it's there it would have taken me ages I think to locate it  ::)
Using Locus 4
  •