Orbea Rise eMTB connection over BLE

Started by barbudor, August 18, 2024, 21:19:20

barbudor

Hello

I just bought a second hand Orbea Rise eMTB (from 2022) which supports BLE connection.

There are dedicated apps that works on my Android phone to manage the Bike and retrive some info but I would love to be able to integrate some items directly into Locus Map (Classic) such as:
- speed
- cadence
- battery level
- assistance level
etc...

I already tried to connect the "bike speed" and "bike speed and cadence" from the track recording options but without any success

Do anyone knows if this is possible and (if yes) how to achieve htis ?

If not yet possible, how could it be added ?
Must it be built-in Locus ? Or can it be added though an add-on ?

Thanks
  •  

freischneider

The problem is whether he will release the data. You can ask Or. bea or Shimano. It would be best if you developed an addon. And if so, it would only be available in lm4
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

barbudor

I was expecting some standard as Locus has 'speed' and 'cadence' generic sensors in the menu. At least on those 2.

Any how, authors of android apps STunlocker and STride got the details. May be by reverse-engineering the protocol.

I don't get why an add-on would not work on Locus Map Classic as I have a couple of add-on running on mine.
May be different version would be needed for each LM version. I haven't yet look on how to build an add-on.

First step now is to find a way to get that protocol specs...
  •  

barbudor

So looks like the protocol used by Shimano is proprietary

Here some guys were working in 2022 to make an device to convert Shimano's proprietary protocol to ANT+ standard.
https://www.emtbforums.com/threads/orbea-rise-free-all-the-data-via-ant.30390/

I will see if I can find enough info to consider working on a Locus add-on

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •