Vehicle characteristics in route planning

Started by insomniux, August 05, 2024, 11:21:44

insomniux

Hi, I've been searching for the option to take vehicle height, width and weight in consideration in the route planning. So far I've only seen this in two other apps (CoPilot and MyRouteApp). I've not found if this is an option in Locusmap.
Would this be possible?
Mike
  •  

freischneider

You would have to ask BRouter. If the data from OSM is supplied. Then you would only have to create a corresponding routing profile.
But I think the data in OSM is too poor for this.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

insomniux

OK, thx, I'll check at BRouter. On OSM I've checked some random tunnels and bridges and most of them did have correct info, but of course not all of them. But there, as OSM users, we can help to enrich the data where we find it is incomplete...

Is the OSM 'maxheight' information also included in the LoMaps?
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: insomniux on August 05, 2024, 13:11:34OK, thx, I'll check at BRouter. On OSM I've checked some random tunnels and bridges and most of them did have correct info, but of course not all of them. But there, as OSM users, we can help to enrich the data where we find it is incomplete...

Is the OSM 'maxheight' information also included in the LoMaps?
I don't think it's something like that in LoMaps. The map doesn't need this. The router needs this information if its profile restricts it to a value.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Radim V

Hi all. The problem is: Neither Brouter or the Locus internal router (LoRouter) can work with osm tagging that has arbitrary value. Both routers only see a large SET of known values. This set is possible to extend, but it is still a limited set. For example in access=private, access=permit the values are "private", "permit". These are known values, of course. In maxheight=3.75, "3.75" is not a known value. For this reason, routing aware of tunnel heights e.t.c is not likely to happen soon, unfortunately. Radim, backend dev.
  •