Unneccesery direction guides in navigation

Started by Forsberg, August 02, 2024, 16:41:53

Forsberg

Hello,

is there a way to avoid so many directions guides in navigation? Look at the screens below. In many cases the road was straight - I don't need to be reminded to go straight at every each crossroad. It should say to change the course only if I need to turn left/right or so. In Google maps u don't receive notification for each crossroad you pass by.

Also if there is a small change of road (look at the picture B) then this shouldn't be taken into account, as I go straight anyway - it is a bike, not a car so such small stuff can be omitted.

Is there a way to limit this only to these directions where I actually change direction in real?
  •  

Graf Geo

Screenshot 1: you can deactivate the "include navigation commands" option beforehand. Then the navigation instructions will only be created based on the direction changes of the route. There would be none here, as the route has no bends. You have to try it out.

Screenshot 2: the case is a matter of opinion. I prefer it this way as it is clearer. Sometimes, if the offset is only very slight, the presence would be superfluous, but where exactly should the limit be? Especially as it sometimes looks clearer in reality than on the map and vice versa.
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  

GusGF

Quoteyou can deactivate the "include navigation commands" option beforehand. Then the navigation instructions will only be created based on the direction changes of the route. There would be none here, as the route has no bends. You have to try it out.

I've tried to find this option but can't?!
Using Locus 4
  •  

Graf Geo

In route planner. Choose planning mode and disable checkbox "include navigation commands".

Menion

@Forsberg
Seems you also use Locus Classic. What router are you using? Because most probably you will be using GraphHopper, which is completely out of our control.

You may give a try to online LoRouter in the Locus Map 4 to see, if the results aren't better there. This first problem should be correct there and if not, we are at least able to look at it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

Indeed, the "straight ahead" instruction is actually generated by LoRouter unnecessarily often in certain cases, especially in the city:

If I plan a route directly on a long street (not pavement!), no superfluous "straight ahead" instructions are generated.

If I plan in pedestrian mode (profile walking) along the same road on the pavement/sidewalk, numerous "straight ahead" directions are generated, not at road junctions, but always at the access roads to properties (driveways), which are naturally very common in the city. (OSM tag highway=service / service=driveway). And also at intersecting cycleways. See screenshots.

Somehow LoRouter thinks it has to generate a "straight ahead" instruction at every "driveway" and "cycleway" crossing. GraphHopper and BRouter do not generate these. Therefore I suspect a bug in LoRouter when routing on pavements.

Link: Route on pavement, numerous superfluous instructions at property access roads (LoRouter profile Walking)
https://link.locusmap.app/t/5247i2

Screenshot 3 is a straight way in a forest passing a allotment garden colony. A "straigt ahead" instruction is generated every few metres on every path/access road into the colony. A bit annoying.  8) 

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

GusGF

Quote from: Graf Geo on August 25, 2024, 10:51:36In route planner. Choose planning mode and disable checkbox "include navigation commands".

I've gone into route planner and I can't see planning mode!
Using Locus 4
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: GusGF on August 26, 2024, 17:49:52
Quote from: Graf Geo on August 25, 2024, 10:51:36In route planner. Choose planning mode and disable checkbox "include navigation commands".

I've gone into route planner and I can't see planning mode!
Drawing mode. The big blue button.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •