[APP] - version 4.25.+ ( 8/2024 )

Started by Menion, August 02, 2024, 12:08:50

Graf Geo

I have now downgraded to 4.25.1.5 (luckily I still had the apk saved). The route planner works now. And I need it almost every day.
So it's definitely due to the new version with the new setting options in the internal LoRouter profiles. It's funny that nobody else has had this problem so far.
Until this is fixed or help is provided, I'm forced to stick with the previous version.
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  

Menion

@Graf Geo
ah, how I've missed it? Thanks, fixed

Text rotation slowdown > not sure what happens on your device. I'll have to test it on some older phones. Anyway, there should be almost no performance negative effect.

Quick search > yes, more options are planned. This is the first testing option of how to integrate various search results into one screen ...

@Andrew Heard
web planner does not fill elevation to imported data. We do not have a fast online "Fill elevation" tool (yet). So original data should be preserved. Anyway, the difference in the slope may be in how Locus Map optimizes chart data. But to confirm precisely, shared track that causes this difference is welcome, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Graf Geo

Thanks Menion.

As I said, I'm not sure about the map rendering speed. I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe it's just a subjective impression.
Only the jerking when rotating the map is a bit annoying. But since I rarely use it, it's not a big problem for me.

A general question: Can the installed versions always be downgraded without any problems if they don't come from the Playstore?
So if you take the (afa) apk from your Google Drive folders?
Until recently, I thought that installing an older version was only possible after uninstalling the app. By chance I realised that this is not necessary, at least for the beta version.
  •  

Menion

Beta version 4.25.1.8
   - chg: transparent navigation bar above map in some cases
   - fix: deletion of extra map files when deleting map itself
   - fix: problem with offline LoRouter and new 'speed' parameter
   - fix: missing labels for vector maps in case of low zoom over few map files

@Graf Geo
In the name of the app is a code (in this case 1142) and you may always install the APK with the same or higher version code. When I'm creating Beta versions, I always keep the same code between full versions, so you may move up and down without a problem.

What if you rotate by hand manually? Is there also a "lagging"?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Graf Geo

Thanks for new beta 4.25.1.8 and explications about up-/downgrade details. Will keep it in mind.

Route planning with LoRouter profiles and speed parameters now works fine. 🙂

Lagging/jerking map rotation: Yes, same. I also tried on my old device SG7 with 4.25.1.3, rotation jerkes too. So it's not a issue with the last beta.
I will test it next days on bicycle.
  •  

Tapio

New version, instant crash, attached. Same after restart of device.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

Hmm some Huawei specialities  ::) ... 4.25.1.9 version out.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on Yesterday at 20:25:33Hmm some Huawei specialities  ::) ... 4.25.1.9 version out.
Yes, thx, works now..

Some city/suburb labels disappear in auto rotate mode. ZL12
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Graf Geo on Yesterday at 13:43:58@michaelbechtold:

4,50 is my setting in walking profile.
In bike profiles the brf file shows the double value of my setting (14).

Walking and hiking profiles show correct value in error message, all internal bike profiles the double value. Strange.

My point was "," versus "." - does it make a difference?
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Graf Geo on Yesterday at 11:02:54Text rotation: excellent! But as @Tapio already wrote, the map jerks when rotating, in small fixed angle steps.
for what it's worth reporting, the rotation is all good for me
LM4.25.1.9.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on Yesterday at 15:00:41web planner does not fill elevation to imported data. We do not have a fast online "Fill elevation" tool (yet). So original data should be preserved.
@Menion confirmed. That's a good result. If I use higher precision Sonny HGT then I want it preserved when sync to other devices that only have default HGT files.
LM4.25.1.9.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •