[APP] - version 4.25.+ ( 8/2024 )

Started by Menion, August 02, 2024, 12:08:50

Tapio

I searched how to create the alternative route, then noticed, it was already there. Barely visible! But nice experiment. What parameters does it change to get a different result?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Graf Geo

Alternative route - found it. As Tapio wrote, a bit hard to see, but if you look at it once, ok. I tend not to need it and leave it deactivated.

"Fill of street addresses" - I see no difference if activated or not. Street names are always listed in route planner segments. Or I still haven't understood what is meant. 🤔

SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 23, 2024, 19:50:56Check app settings > Navigation > LoRouter offline settings ... here are two new options. Alternative routes is a new feature
4.25.1.2 beta - alternate routes or routers? I would think the former?
You cannot view this attachment.

In full screen mode there, the title bar "Route Planner" needs to move up 1 "row" so right at the top?

Alternative routes - I have enabled, I tried with car & touring bike profiles, but don't see an alternative generated. Would these 2 new settings be better located in the Route Planner main menu rather than the Settings > Navigation menu? I would think sometimes you want them on, sometimes off, and that decision is when in the planner.

Sorting track recording profiles by name - thanks!
LM4.26.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Andrew Heard

Congrats <> Problem with backup directory? hmm, mixed messages - one LM hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing? The backup directory had indeed changed, so in my screen cap it is the "Congrats" that is wrong.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on August 23, 2024, 11:30:23@slarti76
"Dashboard button" > are you really using the "Dashboard" item? Because there exists also a "Dashboard toggle" button that behaves exactly as you describe. Also, long-click is always a "hidden feature", so I cannot add some critical functionality (like display of dialog) under it.
Some misunderstanding here. I was comparing with the Dashboard functionality. I am aware of the "Dashboard Toggle" and basically would like the same for "Map Overlay". I get it that the long-click is kind of a workaround, but wouldn't it be possible to add "Map Overlay Toggle" button, same as "Dashboard Toggle" button?

QuoteMultiple overlays > not planned, sorry.
Fair enough. I kinda expected this to not be possible...

QuoteCustom WMS > a little hidden. Map manager > WMS/WMTS tab > "+" > Add from library > "+" > and here you go ... this does not make sense right? Hmm ...
Yeah, that works. Not intuitive, but I can live with that. However, try to add this link:
https://wms.geo.admin.ch/?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0
You get a huuuge list (non-alphabetic, unfortunately), without a way to search. Impossible to find what you're looking for. I tried to add a direct link I found in the file:
https://wms.geo.admin.ch/?request=GetMetadata&layer=ch.bazl.einschraenkungen-drohnen
But this still displays the whole list. Is that a bug? Otherwise, any chance to add a search here?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Menion

I'll answer here generally for all, at least first core "questions".

Alternative routes > by enabling, BRouter computes really alternative routes without changing any parameters in the profile! It just tries to avoid the already computed first route. Unfortunately, the LoRouter version is not clear enough, so computing is quite slow, maybe more than 2x. So it is disabled by default for now anyway for testing > ideal.

Fill of street addresses > if you save the route and check the itinerary, you will see that when fill is disabled, all routes have "Unknown street". During navigation, the name of the next street is visible in the toolbar. But I know, that it still does not work 100% perfectly, so I'll maybe disable this by default, for now ...

@Andrew Heard
"Alternative routers" > nice typo, thanks :)

Alternative routes toggle > problem is, that this is a parameter of the router. And on your screenshot is "Part 1.2 of route" - this means the alternative (1.1 is base route) route of the first segment.

Empty space in full-screen > @Marek Scholtz may look at it, but as mentioned many times - full-screen mode is not perfectly supported in Locus Map so use it at your own risk with its problems.

The problem in the backup > is interesting. It looks to me, that the local backup works fine, but then you wanted to upload to the cloud? And this is done on the background and it failed in your case. Is it possible?

@slarti76
Map overlay > I think we understand each other. Yes, "Map overlay toggle" is what I expect you want :). Dashboard is quite a complex tool, where you have to select from the list of available dashboards. So simple toggle for the last active dashboard makes sense to me. In the case of other features, like overlay, shading (generally everything available in the side "Map-screen content" panel), it is not so complicated to toggle them, so a special button is overkill from my point of view. With the "Map overlays" button in the side panel, it is just three taps to toggle it. Not a big deal ...

Add new WMS > I've already improved it in the last version. And search? I know. Some WMS maps have a really huge list of layers, so a search should be more than welcome here. I have known this for years, but never had enough time at the right moment to solve it, sorry (it requires a completely new screen as this, maybe 10 years old can't no longer be easily updated).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on August 26, 2024, 09:24:47@slarti76
Map overlay > I think we understand each other. Yes, "Map overlay toggle" is what I expect you want :). Dashboard is quite a complex tool, where you have to select from the list of available dashboards. So simple toggle for the last active dashboard makes sense to me. In the case of other features, like overlay, shading (generally everything available in the side "Map-screen content" panel), it is not so complicated to toggle them, so a special button is overkill from my point of view. With the "Map overlays" button in the side panel, it is just three taps to toggle it. Not a big deal ...
Ok, fair enough.

QuoteAdd new WMS > I've already improved it in the last version. And search? I know. Some WMS maps have a really huge list of layers, so a search should be more than welcome here. I have known this for years, but never had enough time at the right moment to solve it, sorry (it requires a completely new screen as this, maybe 10 years old can't no longer be easily updated).
I understand.
Still, I gotta ask again why the direct link still gives the whole list? Is the stuff after "?" simply ignored in this context, or is the problem on the side of geo.admin.ch?
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: unfortunately, a raster map overlay using the new range definition does not work at all.
Any ideas?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 26, 2024, 09:24:47The problem in the backup > is interesting. It looks to me, that the local backup works fine, but then you wanted to upload to the cloud? And this is done on the background and it failed in your case. Is it possible?
@menion - no, the backup didn't work - I had rearranged directories & the backup directory didn't exist. No cloud involved. LM said the backup was however successful.

BTW on a new LM install (new device) I go to the main menu > All features > where is the Backup Manager?? I do a search from the All features for "backup" > No search results. PS eventually found under Settings > Backup & filesystem, not and/or with All features > Tools? You see "Settings > Backup & filesystem" is a combination of settings and functions/ features, so I think the current placement is somewhat confusing.

I wasn't able to comment on this out-of-date topic regards the Backup Manager https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/cannot-find-backup-manager-in-menu-options, or find any other (easy) references.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Classic newbie (me) mistake: new device > restore LM4 settings (all settings except tracks) > Cloud Sync tracks & points > BUT I have tracks & points visible after the cloud sync - 12,000+ tracks > Locus continual crash, I guess due to too many visible tracks - error below...

So delete media/.../data/database/* and start again with cloud sync settings: Show new points & tracks: OFF ;-)

Because CloudSync does the sync plan beforehand, it knows in advance when there will be too many tracks to display, so can avoid this unnecessary situation?
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
What do you mean by " Is the stuff after "?" simply ignored in this context"? There is no issue on the geo.admin web. The whole list is generated by me based on received XML that is perfectly valid.

@michaelbechtold
I'm testing it with one download tile-based map and it works correctly to me. Do you have problems with more maps? Any idea how to simulate it on my own device? Thanks

@Andrew Heard
Problem in the backup > ah, got it thanks. App reports by the red toast that the custom backup directory is really not valid, but in the background, it uses a default directory (in the Locus/backup). I'll keep this for automatic backups and improve for the manual.

Backup manager > was moved a long time ago into Settings > Backup & Filesystem. And yes, a global search is in preparation.

12k tracks ... uff  :). Anyway, first initial sync should not load content on the map. The problem here was that restoring of settings also restored information that sync was already done. I'll improve it to the next app version so this won't happen again, thanks.

joeloc

Since a couple of versions, whenever I share a Location from Google Maps to Locus, the resulting Waypoint will only be called "Point". It used to work properly before, ie Locus would name the point for example "Carrefour Supermarket".

The position is still shared correctly.

Menion

Thanks, I've updated the code to handle changes in shared Google link a little.

Btw. nice to see you again :)
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Menion on August 28, 2024, 15:44:11Thanks, I've updated the code to handle changes in shared Google link a little.

Btw. nice to see you again :)
Thanks for fixing.

Too busy with cycling to write much these days. But I could still drown you in enhancement requests regarding altitude-related functions for cyclists and proper support for travelling with a buddy. Oh wait... I've done that for many years already without much success, never mind :-).

We should maybe wait with that until you move to a place with mountains and have plans for bicycle journeys with friends then... just tell me when.

•  

Menion

Still the same joeloc ;).

Live-tracking > some features and tasks take us so long ... sad story :'(

Anyway, enjoy your cycling!
  •