[APP] - version 4.25.+ ( 8/2024 )

Started by Menion, August 02, 2024, 12:08:50

lor74cas

Quote from: Tapio on August 16, 2024, 13:49:26lorcas, you don't use the Stop and should remove it. I personally like to trigger via tick and for dynamic pauses or >2 minutes, I use the stop construction. Notice the conditions uses a Task Variable, i. e. survives the task. And tick doesn't use the Android scheduler, I prefer that.

Sure, you're right now I've also removed the stop condition

Quote from: Tapio on August 16, 2024, 13:49:26BUT Logic. We want to know regularly if all is alive and well. Your task, by not saying anything means "all is well" but also it could mean "Locus/Tasker/Android have crashed".

Such a Locus watcher can also include checking and correcting volumes. Has all happened to me. No guiding voice, I walked and walked, then noticed, the voice and off-track beep were silent.

I use Locus exclusively for fun during hikes or bike rides, and in those moments I seek silence and tranquility, so having a device that makes itself heard at intervals disturbs me. I prefer an alarm that sounds when something is not working and if the crash of takser/android/device prevents such control I can live with it, after all even getting lost every now and then is part of the beauty of being in nature.

For the same reason I rarely use Locus navigation or guidance. If I have any doubts, I prefer to take out the device and decide which route to take rather than listen to the voice guidance.

As I personally use the application the only thing that bothers me is the possibility of losing the recording of the track, so I focused on this aspect.

Quote from: Tapio on August 16, 2024, 13:49:26"Remember to activate it" - Usually one does create tasks which get started via a homescreen shortcut. Execute other tasks from there via "Perform task" or turn profiles on/off ("Profile status").

You can create a Tasker link tied to an action that first starts locus recording and after a few seconds activates the control profile. But I have too many apps and icons on my phone that I prefer to create them only when strictly necessary.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: lor74cas on August 17, 2024, 13:41:44and in those moments I seek silence and tranquility, so having a device that makes itself heard at intervals disturbs me.
I use a cuckoo sound 😊
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Tapio on August 17, 2024, 17:13:25
Quote from: lor74cas on August 17, 2024, 13:41:44and in those moments I seek silence and tranquility, so having a device that makes itself heard at intervals disturbs me.
I use a cuckoo sound 😊
better than the one of the wild boar in love
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

twestheimer

how can I export videos I took in the app? I can do it for photos?
thanks and apologize if this is the wrong area to ask but I really tried to find another way! 8)
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: twestheimer on August 18, 2024, 15:20:24how can I export videos I took in the app? I can do it for photos?
thanks and apologize if this is the wrong area to ask but I really tried to find another way! 8)
Yes, this is the wrong area for questions. Questions are normally asked in the helpdesk. Next time please go there: https://help.locusmap.eu/
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Hi to all.

Format of the time during navigation.
Requested change: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/35676-display-of-the-driving-time#comment-143889 . Anyone against it?

@Cyklo Miro & @freischneider
believe me or not, the blinking/animated red dot visible during track recording, was one of the major reasons for a bigger battery consumption during recording. Solution? Simple. The animation was removed.

@lor74cas and others
maybe creating a special topic per interesting tasker tasks here? Otherwise, it will be lost in history.

@T-mo
you use really really old profiles (maybe 10+ years?). Btw. what app version are you using?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on August 18, 2024, 19:54:32@T-mo
you use really really old profiles (maybe 10+ years?). Btw. what app version are you using?
Might be, don't know.
Mostly bleeding edge, always Afa, currently 4.25.1_1141_release.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 18, 2024, 19:54:32maybe creating a special topic per interesting tasker tasks here?
@menion - nice category - I hadn't realized.
LM4.25.1.3.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on August 05, 2024, 08:27:31Not a bug report, granted, but I recently noticed some inconsistency:
The "Dashboard" function panel button shows/hides the dashboard, and long-press brings the option to select a dashboard. But the "Map Overlay" button always shows the selection dialog.
It would be more useful if the button also simply turns map overlay on/off, and the long-press menu offers the option to select (and setup the alpha, etc.). Also given that the detail dialog is available from the "Map-screen content" panel.

And while I'm at it: Any chance for multiple overlays? For example, I have overlays for public transport stops and hiking routes, and would like to show them together...
Menion, not to bother, but seems like you overlooked this.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on August 05, 2024, 08:35:35Another question:
I have the link to a WMS map (e.g. https://wms.geo.admin.ch/?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0), but I can only find a way to add WMS maps from a directory (where this map is not available). How can I add a WMS map by URL?
...and this
  •  

Menion

@T-mo
ah, I see. For unknown reasons, change of the activity type for recording profiles is enabled only in my private version and not in public versions. But why I did this?  ::) , anyway simple solution is remove the profile and create a new one.

@slarti76
"Dashboard button" > are you really using the "Dashboard" item? Because there exists also a "Dashboard toggle" button that behaves exactly as you describe. Also, long-click is always a "hidden feature", so I cannot add some critical functionality (like display of dialog) under it.

Multiple overlays > not planned, sorry.

Custom WMS > a little hidden. Map manager > WMS/WMTS tab > "+" > Add from library > "+" > and here you go ... this does not make sense right? Hmm ...
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on August 23, 2024, 11:30:23Custom WMS > a little hidden. Map manager > WMS/WMTS tab > "+" > Add from library > "+" > and here you go ... this does not make sense right? Hmm ...
It is not very clear, because the first option says "add from library" and therefore the user thinks it can only be done from the library. Then the library list opens with the + button that seems to be used to add a further WMS to the library itself and not to the WMS chosen by the user. In my opinion from the WMS/WMTS menu when you press the + it should propose the options one to search in the library and one for manual insertion.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Menion

Oki, Beta version before the weekend? Sure  :)
And also with some interesting changes, enjoy it!

Graf Geo

Thanks for the new beta!

I have not yet understood the first two new features ("support for alternative route" and "disable fill of street addresses"). Where can I find them?

First impression: the improved time displays in the route planner / track info window look good.

In my opinion, it would be better for the time if the unit "hour" was also displayed below 1 hour. So 0:35 h instead of 35 m.
With "m" I always think of metres as with the other fields. In addition, the saved space is unnecessary, as at least 3 digits are displayed from 1 hour (1:02 h).

In the dashboard (this is not a new request, but I have wanted to suggest it for a long time), I would like to see a little more space between the value and the unit. They are very close together, which looks a bit inelegant. In some cases, the number and unit are touching.

Zoom settings for overlays: when overlay is activated, the "Advanced options" button is half cut off or covered by the Android footer. You then have to pull up the menu a little. But that's not a problem.

The new design of the "all functions" menu actually looks a bit nicer.  :)

Have a nice weekend!
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion, Tapio

Menion

Thanks!
I forgot to describe these two new improvements a little more. Sorry...

Check app settings > Navigation > LoRouter offline settings ... here are two new options. Alternative routes is a new feature disabled by default (it increases compute time by 2x). "Fill of street addresses" already works for some time, but also increases compute time by almost 2x.