Difference between online map and dl

Started by kavetheman, July 28, 2024, 10:25:25

kavetheman

I just bought a map in Locus for Italy because I like what I saw with the online map. However, the purchased map is not nearly as good as the online when it comes to visibility. First screenshot below is the online map where walking paths are really visible, second screenshot is the purchased downloadable map .
Is it possible to make the purchased map look the same?
  •  

Tapio

No. The Hike & Bike theme is not configurable in that regard.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: kavetheman

freischneider

Try the maps from Openandromaps. Then set the theme to hiking. I think these maps and the theme are among the best.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: kavetheman

kavetheman

Thank you, I have already tried them as well but for walking paths in Italy at least no one of them is nearly as good as the Online map.
It's a bit misinformative, you are looking at the online map and are offered to download it to device, after payment you get a completely different looking map.
Of course I know the difference, but work should be done so these two Locus maps are as similar as possible.
Now, is it possible to add the Locus map online map as a map source in other apps as well?
  •  

voldapet

@kavetheman Could I ask you to be more specific about what's wrong with the offline LoMaps? Do you mean that, for example, a marked hiking trail should be thicker?
  •