Locus Map Lite 1.0 out in the wild (App Store)

Started by Jan Čapek, June 26, 2024, 13:47:57

Jan Čapek

Hello to everyone who is waiting for Locus Map on iOS.

We are not there yet, but we believe we are on right track. We just released our first version of Locus Map Lite in Apple Store. Click on the link to learn about its current capabilities and download it.

https://www.locusmap.app/ios/

For some of you, current feature set will not be enough, but some will be glad to use the app even now. And we will be working hard to bring missing and most requested features, with offline maps being one of the highest priority.

It was long way from there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYn0u-0yuCA  :D

Tell us your feedback and help us to shape the app for the future!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: kashortie

kashortie

Awesome. Thank you
Downloaded and looking forward to seeing this progress on iOS

I have GOLD on my second phone (Android) and love Locus Map 4
  •  

StefanK

Great news!
It's better to launch what you have, which is working, and then build from that.

As I use Locus Map on the Android, but rather use iPhone - is there a wish list or a place where we users can pitch ideas and vote for most wanted features?

The one thing I miss is the ability to add custom maps, in my case via WMTS. But that also has to do with that I am a map provider and my map layers are accessible via WMTS. So I know both my users and myself would love that feature to be implemented.
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi Stefan, place the ideas to our helpdesk portal, in this case particulary here:  https://help.locusmap.eu/topics/idea/status/all/category/37/sort/new_updated/page/1

There, others would also be able to vote for them.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: StefanK

StefanK

Thanks. I added my idea to that forum. And hoping that it will be part of the comming releases. Thanks again for working on the iPhone version of the app! 
  •  

JosBTG

Hi, I love that Locus has been added to ios, as that was my only regret to make the switch. However I'm experiencing troubles with my location. It is either nit finding me or it is very inaccurate. I have the settings for Locus to always have access to my location and precise location. Sometimes the location only works if I take away the access rights and then turn them back on.

Love the App and thanks for working hard on it.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petr Janda

Petr Janda

Hi JosBTG,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we will need more information to help you with the issues you are experiencing. Locus Map uses a standard way to access the user's current location from the system, which is known as the location manager. The app utilizes two location managers:

1. The first location manager displays the user's current position on the map. This manager is turned off when the user switches off the display to save energy. When the display is turned back on, the location manager needs to be restarted, and it may take several seconds for the map to identify the user's location accurately.

2. The second location manager is used for route tracking and remains active when the route tracking is used.

The accuracy of your location can be influenced by different factors, such as the quality of the GPS signal, the presence of a SIM card, WiFi... To ensure that your location is accurate, please check the following:

- Make sure that you have installed the latest version of our app.
- Check the status of the location services within the app by tapping the satellite icon in the bottom menu on the main screen. From there, you can view the status of the location services, including accuracy and any errors. The typical horizontal accuracy is around 5m.
- Confirm the location accuracy by using Apple Maps.

Please inform us of the results.
  •  

jumperfish

Quote from: JosBTG on July 19, 2024, 11:14:44Hi, I love that Locus has been added to ios, as that was my only regret to make the switch. However I'm experiencing troubles with my location. It is either nit finding me or it is very inaccurate. I have the settings for Locus to always have access to my location and precise location. Sometimes the location only works if I take away the access rights and then turn them back on.

Love the App and thanks for working hard on it.
I concur with your viewpoint. It actually takes a method to use and produce Locusmap. Its app actually serves a large number of people. By tapping the satellite icon in the main screen's bottom menu, you may see the current state of the app's location services. You can then see the location services' current state, including their accuracy and any mistakes. About 5 meters is the usual horizontal accuracy.
  •  

dancatt

Hello,
is there any roadmap where you can see when the iOS app will have a similar scope to the Android app?
TU
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi dancatt, I am afraid it will not be soon as complexity of our Locus Map on Android is mind blowing even for us sometimes.  ;D And due to tremendous work ahead of us with this, we can't make any promises.

That being said we are prioritizing most missing features and hope that next year it will be able to cover many more use cases that our users are used to from the full-fledged Locus Map on Android. So please stay tuned!
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: dancatt on September 02, 2024, 10:00:36Hello,
is there any roadmap where you can see when the iOS app will have a similar scope to the Android app?
TU
bear in mind dancatt Locus on Android has been in development for 14 years. And funny from the photo, the professor of Locus, hasn't aged at all in that time.
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.26.2 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •