[APP] - version 4.24.+ ( 6/2024 )

Started by Menion, June 04, 2024, 10:51:31

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 20, 2024, 00:35:28@Tapio maybe a little Tasker demo project to share?
Sure, demo task. Please test the icon part as Menion suggested, haven't done yet. Also haven't tested the map move commands.

Menion, would a database path attribute be possible, so we could directly implant points into the database? Would open up for great possibilities.

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8kdDIMDeveQcQfRglam%2Fah1mTW%2FWcg05FZ39c0i1q%2F77iY3E7cIwxCkXqJTaTA%3D&id=Task%3ALM4RndPoints_DataIntent
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Tapio

I found no way to make icons working. E.g. absolute path: "file://storage/emulated/0/Android/data/menion.android.locus/files/Locus/icons/Arrows.zip/arrow_down_black L_hscc.png"
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on July 19, 2024, 13:57:59@slarti76
OruxMaps ... funny comment @Tapio  ;D. Unfortunately, I believe there will still be more than slarti ;).

This is a general topic where all sorts of problems and features are discussed. Most of us use only a minority of what Locus Map can do, but -> when it's implemented and it does not work, it should be fixed (or removed for good), even if used only by a single person.

Back to problem > fix with the "map name" was only aesthetic. I'm also testing one Oruxmap and it works without a problem. Do you have this issue with all such maps?
Turns out this was a totally different problem, nothing with OruxMaps: I was still using the AFA build, and it affected all maps situated in folders other than Android/media or Android/data. Now that the Android/media way is working well, I switched to non-AFA and moved all my maps, and the problem doesn´t appear anymore.
As AFA is not an official thing, you can ignore this problem, I think.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on July 19, 2024, 13:57:59"action_after": "optional, one of CENTER, CENTER_ANIMATE, OPEN_DETAIL"
I tested "action-after":"CENTER" - not working.
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
still weird it causes problems, but not sure what I may do with it, sorry.

@Tapio
it is "action_after", not "action-after"  ;)

And icon, give a try to for example "misc-wifi". It works for me well.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on July 22, 2024, 09:52:37And icon, give a try to for example "misc-wifi". It works for me well.
Works for internal icons, I found, case has to be lowercase 👍 Didn't find the way for external icons yet...

data:{map_point:{"name":"%formatted", "icon":"Z-ico05", "lon":%item3, "lat":%item2}}
  •  

freischneider

LoPoi Popup: When I move the cursor over a LoPoi, a popup is displayed.
When I tap on a LoPoi, a point info window opens at the bottom and the popup is also displayed.
If the "Point information" window is open. The popup is superfluous because it contains the same information as in the window.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@Tapio
as I wrote, the best is to export the point with the required icon into GPX. There, you will see a correct icon in the "locus:icon" tag. It should look like "file:Markers.zip:Balloon Star Orange.png". Custom icons may be placed only in the "icons" directory, so in the icon name is only the name of the file + png icon itself. Maybe SVG will work as well, I have not tried it yet.

@freischneider
Hmm yes, it probably works like this. Both systems are for now completely independent. Not a big problem right?  :). It also has a benefit > you have visual confirmation on which point you have clicked.

Btw, the new Beta version yesterday. If there won't be any serious complains (for example against the attempt to unite the style of bottom popup menus in point & track detail), I would like to publish new version next week.

And have a nice weekend!

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on July 26, 2024, 09:02:32@freischneider
Hmm yes, it probably works like this. Both systems are for now completely independent. Not a big problem right?  :). It also has a benefit > you have visual confirmation on which point you have clicked.

Btw, the new Beta version yesterday. If there won't be any serious complains (for example against the attempt to unite the style of bottom popup menus in point & track detail), I would like to publish new version next week.

And have a nice weekend!
No, that's not a problem. It would just be nicer if I could see the map better. But if I move it a little, it's gone.
I also have visual confirmation by highlighting the dot.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
why did you change the order of the icons in GC listing bottom panel?
The "puzzle button" Add-ons is more intresting than the "share button" in this case ?!

best solution for user would be to order sequence in
settings/Geocaching/Point screen, but for now there is no puzzle button available :-[
Locus Map 4.25.1.7 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hello balloni,
order was modified based on priority and general usage. It makes sense. Under "puzzle" exists custom add-ons useful mainly (only?) for geocaches. So only a minority of users really need and use this. Compared to this, "Share" is a generic functionality useful for everyone.

Also, you have defined two custom bottom icons for geocaches. Choose only a one and there will be enough space for this "add-ons" button.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
are geocachers the minority of locus users? :o
In the 12 years I have been using locus, I have only used the share function 3 times at most.
In contrast, I use the "Add-on" button on every geocaching tour

No matter......
It would be helpful to have this puzzle icon in the selection of geocache stettings

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Minority? No, it should be around 25% of all users. That is less than "all users", sorry.

This option also can't be directly in this setting, because it already IS part of the bottom panel. Just in case, there is more than 5 items, it is placed into a three-dot menu.

What feature from this "add-ons" menu are you using so often? I'll also enable more precise logging of clicked buttons, so I'll know better numbers about how many times each function is used. Will let you know later. Thanks for understanding.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteWhat feature from this "add-ons" menu are you using so often?
update geocache

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on July 29, 2024, 15:25:33so I'll know better numbers about how many times each function is used. Will let you know later. Thanks for understanding.
nice analytics ;-)
LM4.25.1.9.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •