[APP] - version 4.24.+ ( 6/2024 )

Started by Menion, June 04, 2024, 10:51:31

Andrew Heard

4.23.3.2 - checked route planner & map content button - both OK for me.
LM4.26.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Menion, Intent via geo:lat,lon... Since 2-3 beta versions I observe a):

a) if Locus is started this way, very often it stays in the starting screen with the logo. I have to tinker then, go back, start again...

b) I send many points via geo:lat,lon in rapid succession (from a Tasker array of positions). I wish it wouldn't move the map smoothly, but instantly. Or even better, not move and center map at all, just add the temporary points. Can you make this possible? The Locus action "map_move_zoom" has the property "animate:true/false", but I cannot use this action because it creates no temp. point.

Has there been a related change?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@luce
thanks for the log. It is anyway not useful when the app crashes. What app version are you using and may you please write to me here your user ID (visible in the About app).

I've improved how the app creates a text log and since the next version, even the production app should record all big crashes into a log file. We will see if this will work.

@Tapio
a) I'm not aware of any change that should affect this. Are you using only a tasker for this right? I'm asking if there is an identical problem with any other app ... always an identical indent (except coordinates of course)?

b) Geo-intent is not a good solution for what you want to achieve. Inserting multiple points on the map should be made over Locus API. It is easy to do over simple intent, but Locus API is required, because content send over intent is not a text but binary data, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Gerhard57

Problem with track map thumbnail.
When i have a track across 2 different maps the track map thumbnail only shows one of them.
As an example i use OAM Germany noth and south and a lock track across.
A long tab on the thumbnail refreshed it but no change.

Noticed same problem by generating hi-res JPG for track overview from sharing menu.
  •  

luce

Quote from: Menion on July 03, 2024, 10:45:15@luce
thanks for the log. It is anyway not useful when the app crashes.

Hello Menion,

ah, okay, didn't know that...
App version: 4.24.3.2
User ID: 421b98855

Thanks,
Lucas
  •  

Menion

New Beta version 4.24.3.3 just published.

@Gerhard57
I know, there are (still) some problems with thumbnails. I will need to look at it more precisely later.

@luce
Interesting issue. I see, it crashes in one of our libraries on the place, where we made no changes for some time, where it does not make sense and it does not crash to any other user. Give the new Beta, please. Maybe (I hope) a simple update of the app fix it. Thanks.

Have a nice weekend to all!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on July 03, 2024, 10:45:15a) I'm not aware of any change that should affect this. Are you using only a tasker for this right? I'm asking if there is an identical problem with any other app ... always an identical indent (except coordinates of course)?
I've put together a simple profile which reflects what it's about. This one creates a random position around you, every 100s (the Tick trigger, 100000ms) and gives it to LM4.

My problem: this runs in the background. Very often I unlock my phone and find LM on top, staying in the loading screen.

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8kdDIMDeveQcQfRglam%2Fah1mTW%2FWcg05FZ39c0i1q%2F77iY3E7cIwxCkXqJTaTA%3D&id=Profile%3ARandomPositionsCron

Note I use "Launch app" plus two intents.

Reason:
- Without LM started beforehand, the intents don't tend to work. In the past it was different
- The Locus Action intent moves the map without animation. It cannot create a temporary point.
- The geo intent can not move map without animation. But it creates the temporary point.
  •  

luce

Quote from: Menion on July 05, 2024, 12:35:38@luce
Interesting issue. I see, it crashes in one of our libraries on the place, where we made no changes for some time, where it does not make sense and it does not crash to any other user. Give the new Beta, please. Maybe (I hope) a simple update of the app fix it. Thanks!

Still crashes, but if I'm the only one with this issue, don't bother, I will buy a new mobile phone in September after seven years. It's time to make one step forward from Android 7.0  :P
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: luce on July 08, 2024, 00:04:33Still crashes, but if I'm the only one with this issue, don't bother, I will buy a new mobile phone in September after seven years. It's time to make one step forward from Android 7.0  :P
@luce @menion I don't know if the same issue I have with Android 8; I emailed a few bug reports last year - some exception "deep within the operating system" & too hard to fix; only happens with my older A8 phone; completely random crashes can be at any time in LM4 UI usage, although fortunately not if just track recording; maybe different to "crashes in one of "our" libraries" but thought I'd mention Luce you aren't the only one with crashes.
LM4.26.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

I had a different crash and sent log to Menion. CTD after adding several shaping points, BRouter classic. Just fyi.
  •  

slarti76

I noticed this a while ago, but now again after freshly installing Locus on a new device:
You may remember the problem me and some others were having that after start, the name of the current map is often not shown (instead "No map" or sth alike). This has been fixed, yeah - but for the worse: Now it's the opposite: The name is always shown correctly, but not the map. My devices, at least 2 tabs now, startup with empty map, but the last map name is correctly shown in the sidebar. I have to re-select the map to make it appear. Quite annoying, as you can imagine...

Nobody else having this effect?
  •  

Graf Geo

No, everything works fine for me. The map name and the map itself are displayed correctly.
V4.24.3.3
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on July 11, 2024, 09:04:47I noticed this a while ago, but now again after freshly installing Locus on a new device:
You may remember the problem me and some others were having that after start, the name of the current map is often not shown (instead "No map" or sth alike). This has been fixed, yeah - but for the worse: Now it's the opposite: The name is always shown correctly, but not the map. My devices, at least 2 tabs now, startup with empty map, but the last map name is correctly shown in the sidebar. I have to re-select the map to make it appear. Quite annoying, as you can imagine...

Nobody else having this effect?
Ok, found out more: Only happens with offline maps in Orux maps format. Other offline vector or bitmap maps are restored correctly.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on July 13, 2024, 22:22:11Ok, found out more: Only happens with offline maps in Orux maps format. Other offline vector or bitmap maps are restored correctly.
And more: Similar things happen when I choose an Orux map as overlay: It works, but when I switch map and then try to switch back using the "recently used maps" list, it's not shown. I have to select the map from the full map list again.

Should I make a video?
  •  

Tapio

Well, do you really think there's another person on earth using orux maps in Locus?