- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
4. 6. 2024 - Locus Map 4.24.0
6. 6. 2024 - Locus Map 4.24.1
7. 6. 2024 - Locus Map 4.24.2
12. 6. 2024 - Locus Map 4.24.3
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Thank you Menion,
Are you perhaps planning to manage LoPoints on the web too?
Insertion, comments, rating ...
For me it would be much more convenient to do it on the PC than on the smartphone.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Menion

It is complicated ... or better. It isn't  :). My (not just) dream is to have all these core features identical on all platforms. Our problem is the speed of development on other platforms (mainly the web). On the web currently works two devs (both part-time), but it is still soooo slow  :'(. So: yes, we need it on the web ... as well as many other features.

Currently > the top task for the next three months on the web and Android is the new version of the data manager. On Android, it is already done for 75%. On the web ... we have not yet started, ehh. Once the core will be done on the web, we may start testing it on Android. Stay tuned ... it will be nice  8). Anyway, I wanted to say that reviews on the web will take some time ...

Andrew Heard

4.23.1.6 although I don't think specific to a version. route planner: tapped point (existing black on yellow star), plan route to, tapped from current location, bang - see attached. Also observe that waypoint 1 is not displayed on the map.
You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.25.1.3.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
I really want to simulate this, but no success so far. In your second screenshot is visible that the first point was placed on the identical location as the second (small green triangle below the blue box).

Does it make a difference if you start "Plan route to" with enabled or disabled GPS in the app?
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
I have the same behavior with V4.23 and V4.24 as reported in the following post
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/35007-selected-offline-map-not-indicated-in-menu
when I go to the map selection and select a map, this map and the selected theme are displayed.
if i switch to another preset the map and theme info is missing
see screenshot
Locus Map 4.25.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

I have different presets with different maps and themes which are displayed correctly although "no map selected" is displayed in the preset settings.
It is not possible to select a map, even if I create a new preset

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on June 05, 2024, 13:09:29In your second screenshot is visible that the first point was placed on the identical location as the second (small green triangle below the blue box).
ah ha - I had not noticed the two points were at the same position (not my intention). I had tapped "my position" for 2nd point.

Quote from: Menion on June 05, 2024, 13:09:29Does it make a difference if you start "Plan route to" with enabled or disabled GPS in the app?
I can try, although I am far away from the reported place in the screen caps. Will test tomorrow. I thought, and intention was  GPS should have been enabled.
  •  

Lupin

Hi everyone,
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Menion and the entire staff for continuing to improve this fantastic program. I am particularly excited about the implementation of parameters from external profiles in the planner. I am also eagerly awaiting the multiple selection sliders. I greatly appreciate this integration. Thank you again.

Menion

New version 4.24.1 (on Google Drive or for today for 50% of users on Google Play, 100% tomorrow).

@balloni55
hmm, "Nothing to display" + troubles in Presets > I've risked bigger change and rewrote part of the code that deals with it, because no matter what I do, I'm unable to simulate it :/

@Lupin
you are welcome. "multiple selection sliders" - is it already supported on the https://brouter.de/brouter-web web? I'm now trying to keep available parameters in the app identical to what you see on the web.
  •  

balloni55

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

"Attempt to fix 'Nothing to display'"
NOT FIXED UNFORTUNATELY
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Andrew Heard

QuoteI can try, although I am far away from the reported place in the screen caps. Will test tomorrow. I thought, and intention was  GPS should have been enabled.
I tried but couldn't reproduce sorry, but in the process have found other weird behaviour...

created an unsaved approx. 4km route with the route planner, but then when tapped from the main map, the track details are briefly displayed, then is auto -hidden again - video shows 3 taps

https://youtu.be/E2GeZARSCgU?si=cm7Nk0BirVJwV6-G

unfortunately (?) when upgraded, the temporary route was deleted, so no further evidence for you @menion

PS. the real question is how or why an unsaved route planner route was still visible
after existing the route planner?
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
just some thoughts on recent changes:

Even for Lopoints Locus is not able to read the photos saved in heic format as I suspected, however I saw that by choosing the photos it is possible to access the cloud, in my case in gphoto where the photos are displayed, but Locus is unable to load them reporting the orange boxes with the words "process failed".
When you download photos from gphoto, even if the original was hiec, google transforms them into jpeg and I thought it was a good way to get around the format problem. I also agree with the comment of Patrik in the blog

Share tracks with photos
I don't understand the point of creating a default image based on track activity. If someone wants to share something with an image, sends the map or a photo of the trip as a background, it seems like an unnecessary complication to me which also makes inserting a own photo less intuitive. It would be more useful to be able to choose which data to expose and where, so as to arrange the data in places that do not interfere with the image. In this case the fields could be "suggested" based on the type of activity, for example for hiking the difference in altitude is interesting while for running the pace is more interesting...

I continue to really appreciate the attention you put into reducing consumption to a minimum. If there are particular functions within the app that lead to higher processing and therefore higher consumption, why not create an energy saving mode?
I believe that for example live maps for geocaching, georeferenced photos, shading... are services that are often active without a real need, with a single touch they could be turned off and restarted only when needed.

Thank you in any case for the constant improvement work you do, Lorenzo

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
thanks for testing and feedback.

"No map to display" error is a real mystery to me. If someone finds a moment, please install the generated Beta version 4.24.2.1. There is nothing new except few logs. So please long click on the main menu > Setup logging > Enable log to file + "Maps (UI)" category. Then try to simulate the issue. The log will be in the Locus/logs directory as usual. Thanks!

@lor74cas
HEIC support > hmm, we fought with it (mainly on the server) and gave it some time ago. @Marek Scholtz knows more. Anyway, at least support for local HEIC photos should be doable, am I correct?

Share image > well, for now, we consider the current solution as good enough for basic sharing with friends and mainly on social networks. What you miss is advanced customization. Maybe later ...

Battery consumption > there are no major energy consumers for now. Optimizations I made were a result of testing and searching for some battery problems reported by balloni and others. There still seem to be some issues, but hidden for now to me.