Audiocoaches and quick new points were not included in backup

Started by Graf Geo, May 24, 2024, 12:12:53

Graf Geo

After I recently had to reinstall Locus, I realised that my audio coaches and quick new points were not included in the backup and I had to create them all again.

I only have a few audio coaches, so that was done quickly. But I have a lot of quick new points for various use cases, so it was a bit of a pain to create them all again.

EDIT: I have just seen in the backup settings that Audio Coach and Quick new points should be included in the backup. The option "Settings" was definitely activated and everything was activated when the backup was imported. However, my audio coaches and quick new points were not there afterwards (all other settings have been restored correctly).

Perhaps there is a problem with the backup function?
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Menion

Hi, do you still have the backup file (zip)?

Inside, you may check if there are a "data/config/quick_add_point.lb" and "data/config/trainingManager.lb" files. These contain the required config for these two features.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

Hi Menion,

this happened a few weeks ago, I can't remember which backup file I used and whether it is still there (I do a complete auto-backup every 3 days, the last two are still there). From time to time I also do a complete manual backup.

In the latest backup zip both *.lb are included, in one from 7 May only the trainingManager.lb (strange).

I remember that I wanted to move Locus to the main Android/media directory because my gallery apps don't have access to the photo-folder. The move caused a problem (orange error message) and could not be completed. Then Locus could no longer be started and I had to completely reinstall it (apk beta 4.23.1.3 or 1.4).

After importing the backup file, there were initially no tracks and points (but they were marked). So there were more problems with the backup. I then imported the same backup file again and then the tracks and points were there (uff;). Only later did I realise that the quick new points and audio coaches were missing. 

No idea what had happened there. 
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Menion

That sounds scary ... sorry for this. Rarely does someone report such a complex problem when moving data and I'm still unfortunately unable to make it 100 (or at least close to it) robust and working without issues.

And now, all set up and working finally without a problem?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

Thanks, no problems, everything works fine. Locus is located in the Android/data private folder again. 

I remember that the apk could not be installed immediately after uninstalling. I first had to install the stable version from the Playstore and then updated with the beta Afa apk. That then worked.  :)
SG S10, Android 12