Hiding map bounds box

Started by Jakice, May 16, 2024, 14:15:21

Jakice

Hi, is there an option to hide the map bounds boxes?  This would make for a much cleaner display when you are using a custom map with different sized areas for each zoom level.  Thanks
  •  

Menion

Hi,
what do you exactly mean by the bounding box? Do you work with scanned printed map that has white bounds around?
I remember I was working on it many years ago, but was never 100% successful, so this feature is not available in the app. It has to be done manually in tools like QGis etc.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Jakice

Sorry for the delay in replying.  No, I mean the box on the Locus map screen that shows the area covered by the map (and also other maps available).  The colour of the box changes with zoom levels, I think.  Thanks.
  •  

freischneider

It is best to take a screenshot and mark the area
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Jakice

Here is a screenshot of the boxes I would like to hide. Thanks.
  •  

michaelbechtold

I just tested with a Discovery_Walking_Guides map and can tell you that you can be lucky with your view.
Above map has a solid white border, all legends - like a scan of a paper map. Which definitely is not created by Locus, but rather integral part of that map itself.
Can you test your case by displaying one of your maps exclusively, alone (i.e. no overlay mechanics of any kind) and check how it looks like at its border.
If there is such border like in your screenshot, then it would smell like my experience with DWG maps - only "nicer" ...
  •  

Jakice

There are no borders on the maps, they are generated from map tiles and are in a Rmap database.
  •  

Menion

@Jakice , what version are you using? Regular from the Google Play?
  •  

Jakice

I have updated the app and the boxes have gone.  Many thanks.
  •  

Menion

Very interesting. I used these boxes a long time ago for internal testing and they should never be visible. Grat that the update helped ... anyway, it is a small mystery to me  :)
  •