Decimals on Tracks

Started by apbw, May 11, 2024, 21:42:41

apbw

Hi,

i'm using Locus Map mainly for hiking .

I import a GPX Track to Locus and hike along.

I often touch the track on the position where i at the moment, to see the distances to the next POI or to the End of the Route.

But, if the distance is higher then 100km, the decimals are missing.

Example: If the distance from start is lower then 100km it shows for example 44,3km
If it's higher then 100km it shows for example only 134km. The decimals are missing.

The same for distance to the end of the track.

Is there a setting to always display the decimals?
If not, can you adapt it?

Especially when hiking it's sometimes  important for me if the next POI is 300m or 1km away.

•  

freischneider

For more than 100 km, decimal places are no longer needed. This is a waste of space. I am against adapting this.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Henk van der Spek

I see. It is about the total length of the track being higher than 100 km. Tapping anywhere on it never gives a decimal.

Correction: I see a decimal when either start or end point is less than 100 kms away.

For shorter distances I use the distance rings and the scale at the bottom of my Locus Classic screen. But always a decimal would be handy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g82 5G met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

For 100+km, missing decimals cause less than 1% error.
Decimals for such distances are not visible, because they are not needed in most cases.

In case, you need a higher precision, it should be possible to enable the display of "meters" only (for distance units in the app settings), so you get precise values in all cases.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

apbw

Is there a other possibility to see the real distance (with decimals) following the track (not the air-line distance) from the current location to a selected POI?
  •  

Menion

All values are displayed with exactly the same method ... so all values above 100km will be rounded like this.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •