Missing Polish TTS language

Started by VMatas, April 13, 2024, 21:08:46

VMatas

What about polish TTS voice for Locus Map v4? I'm placed pl.tts file from Github in to Locus TTS folder, but no success, polish language don't appears in list of available languages. Any suggestion?
  •  

Menion

May you please post a screenshot of your problem (missing language)?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

VMatas

My problem is with TTS voices list - there i have only german, english, spanish, french and italian voices... I. have tried reinstall Locus map, but no changes. How i can add polish voice?
  •  

Menion

The list of available voices in the "Text-to-speech" settings dialog is based on the selected "TTS Engine" report. So there is probably something with the engine. What engine have you selected?
  •  

VMatas

Voice engine is only one: com.svox.pico - no possibility to select other... Application language can be changed polish - no problem. Apk downloaded from Google drive, application version 4.23.0. I can't download from Play store - my device is Garmin Overlander without Google services.
  •  

Menion

Suggest checking device system settings > Accessibility > here should be global settings for the TTS engine and most probably the option to install additional languages.

EDIT: I've moved our conversation into a separate topic.
  •  

VMatas

I know that repository, i'm placed pl.tts file into /Locus/data/tts/ folder, but no new items in voices list... What is interesting, when i installed latest Locus map 4 on device with google services many tts options are available, between them polish too.. What thing can be wrong?
  •  

VMatas

Its clear - on device WITH google services voice engine is com.google.android.tts. What i can do with device WITHOUT google services?
  •  

Menion

I do not have experience with the Pico TTS, so I can't help more. Anyway, adding pl.tts file does not enable Polish language. It has to be enabled in the system Text-to-speech service. This file only allows customizing what will be app "talking".
  •  

Menion

I've just tested this APK and it seems to work correctly (after a while, not immediately after instal)
https://google-text-to-speech.en.uptodown.com/android/download
  •