[APP] - version 4.23.+ ( 04/2023 )

Started by Menion, April 08, 2024, 16:12:40

Menion

@Andrew Heard
you still have some problems with installation .. sorry, but nothing has changed in the way how I generate apk files. No idea, sorry ...

Impossible to hide an empty bottom panel in the route planner > yes, it is an intent.

Crash when going online/offline > I think I've got it. You have edited one shared track and a moment later deleted it (probably). The app still tries to work with edited shared track, but it has already been deleted. I'll publish the fixed Beta tomorrow.

@T-mo
full-screen > do not use it, if it does not work. It is a hacky unreliable system. That's why it was removed and will not come back. Thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on May 20, 2024, 09:13:32Crash when going online/offline > I think I've got it. You have edited one shared track and a moment later deleted it (probably). The app still tries to work with edited shared track, but it has already been deleted. I'll publish the fixed Beta tomorrow.
@menion - I really hope so, but I think it is more general (for me). And appears unrelated to any current LM4 action. Just happens no matter what I am doing when a change of comms status (on > off > on). And only in recent versions.
LM4.23.1.7 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

V4.23.1.5
#46 no improvement ?!
also the import of a geocache with the GC code and locus GC tools does not work
Locus Map 4.24.3 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

v4.23.1.5 - thanks @menion - the crash when data comms is enabled or disabled has been fixed.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on May 20, 2024, 09:13:32@T-mo
full-screen > do not use it, if it does not work. It is a hacky unreliable system. That's why it was removed and will not come back. Thanks for understanding.
It works!!
99% flawlessly.
The 1% is at app-start and changes if some fullscreen-dialog is entered  e.g. settings, so it's more 0.5%.
This 0.5% was solved once, but sometimes things change.
It's just feedback to optimize LM.
If you have doublechecked the mechanism and code and it's superduper-tricky at all, then nothing to complain and good to know.
I just have coded too much in my life to sometimes not recognize unknown barriers.
  •  

Graf Geo

4.23.1.5 nice update, thanks!

New setting "keep (or not) manual segments" works fine, and good that it is activated by default.  :)

Notification on invalid pause and pending recording states: fine and I understand that it might be useful for some users, but please let it be deactivatable in the settings. I don't need it and it bothers me. I don't like unwanted messages at all.  8)
SG S10, Android 12

Andrew Heard

full screen- maybe not perfect but don't get rid of it please
  •  

Graf Geo

Once again about the new function "Notification on invalid pause and pending recording states":

I tested it outside this morning and it's as annoying as I feared. I stop and after about a minute the announcement comes on. Do I now have to listen to it every time I have to wait a little longer at a traffic light, meet a friend on the road and want to have a quick chat, read an information board or need a quick wee? :)

Please NO! I urgently want to get rid of it or be able to deactivate it.
SG S10, Android 12

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Graf Geo on May 23, 2024, 12:18:32and after about a minute the announcement comes on
@menion can you please explain a little bit more about this new feature? I have read the suggestion webpage) and like the general idea because I've sometimes been in the same situation of pausing then riding on & forgetting to unpause. And because I try to have the display mostly off I don't notice the orange icon anyway (even if large & in the middle of screen). I have LM4 notifications disabled but 4 times yesterday while using LM for navigation & track recording I hear this voice... I had no idea what it was about until I read various comments here (thanks others) (PS. & now reading help suggestion I very much like the idea & was going to suggest years ago). Should TTS be enabled if notifications are disabled? Maybe the TTS first says "Locus Map..."?

Sorry for the muddled comment.

Graf Geo

New function "Notification on invalid pause and pending recording states":

Hello Menion, even though I am not a friend of the new function, I would have a few suggestions for improvement if this function is to be included in the next stable version:

It would be good to have a settings menu similar to the point alert (see screenshot). There you can enable the function and also set the type of notification (sound, beep, text-to-speech).

I don't think the current visual notification (orange-coloured message box) is ideal because it usually indicates errors or problems. Perhaps it would be easiest to open the screen automatically and display the track recording panel, where the three large buttons "stop", "pause" and "add point" can be seen at the bottom. Then you can quickly press the desired button (screenshot 2).

But these are only suggestions.
SG S10, Android 12

TrulloF

There is still the long standing bug present, that if you zoom a vector map in and out quite often, the theme kind of gets drawn multiple times, making it look darker than it should. Happens with all themes, even built in ones. It affects mainly wood areas for me, but also other solid and opaque colours, but not textures.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Graf Geo on May 24, 2024, 11:30:18It would be good to have a settings menu similar to the point alert (see screenshot). There you can enable the function and also set the type of notification (sound, beep, text-to-speech). 
perfect

more testing: pause recording, disable satellite, ..., resume recording - immediate incorrect message instead waiting for satellite to be enabled.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Graf Geo on May 24, 2024, 11:30:18New function "Notification on invalid pause and pending recording states"
Where do I find that? I seem to be overlooking the right pointer. Searching in settings for "pause", "recording", or "notification" to no avail.

Which reminds me of something else:
Would it be possible to make the Locus version easier accessible? I first looked for this new function before I realized I didn't have the newest beta. Right now you need 3 clicks plus scrolling to get to the app info screen. At least the version could easily be shown in the bottom bar of the main menu (where it now says e.g. "LOCUS MAP GOLD"). And then perhaps make that bar clickable to get directly to App Info.

Marek Scholtz

Quote from: T-mo on May 22, 2024, 20:28:17It works!!
99% flawlessly.
The 1% is at app-start and changes if some fullscreen-dialog is entered  e.g. settings, so it's more 0.5%.
This 0.5% was solved once, but sometimes things change.
It's just feedback to optimize LM.
If you have doublechecked the mechanism and code and it's superduper-tricky at all, then nothing to complain and good to know.
I just have coded too much in my life to sometimes not recognize unknown barriers.

Hi @T-mo,

thank you for your feedback! Your problem should be resolved in the next version. Please, let us know afterwards.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

Andrew Heard

Quote from: slarti76 on May 27, 2024, 16:02:42
Quote from: Graf Geo on May 24, 2024, 11:30:18New function "Notification on invalid pause and pending recording states"
Where do I find that? I seem to be overlooking the right pointer. Searching in
there is currently no settings for invalid pause, permanently enabled
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76