[APP] - version 4.23.+ ( 04/2023 )

Started by Menion, April 08, 2024, 16:12:40

jonny.blue

Quotelab caches > and do you have disabled "Incl. found by me" at the end of the filter?

Yes, of course ... ;)

And the shown lab caches are correctly marked as found with the FoundLabIcon.
  •  

balloni55

Quote@balloni55
it is important to tell me if the feature comes from Geocaching4Locus or internal Locus Map. If you are un-sure, from where you start not working feature?
I don't know whether this comes from LM4 or GC4L
please watch the video
and sorry the behavior is exactly the vice versa as I wrote it in my post

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/aean9nmp24cey5um84ujl/add-photo.mp4?rlkey=el96yuooq2sstc9tb3bt1tiud&dl=0
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@jonny.blue
I have a problem, I've never found a lab cache > so it is hard to test it :). Will try to fix it soon ...

@balloni55
hmm, I though you have a problem with the "update". Oki, this is a different problem. Sorry for this. Unfortunately, I've just now published a 4.23.1 version to Google Play, so this fix will have to wait till the next beta ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

flyingman_ch

Quote from: Menion on April 12, 2024, 08:03:24@Diddi
update of geocaches > there were some updates of Geocaching4Locus and if I am correct, the last one fixed this.
Updating geocaches does not work with
4 23.1
and
Geocaching4Locus 3.0.11
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi

balloni55

Quote from: flyingman_ch on April 12, 2024, 17:50:36
Quote from: Menion on April 12, 2024, 08:03:24@Diddi
update of geocaches > there were some updates of Geocaching4Locus and if I am correct, the last one fixed this.
Updating geocaches does not work with
4 23.1
and
Geocaching4Locus 3.0.11
confirm :-[

the only way to update a single cache is via the button at the top right of the listings window > Tools > Update geocache

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Diddi

Still the update cache problem.
One more reason to implement these features in Locus main app 8)
  •  

balloni55

While searching for a way to update geocaches with V4.23.1, I encountered a problem.

For example, I have entered and saved the coordinates for a mystery that has a final WP without coordinates in the original.
If I search with the Locus "Live Map" or Locus "Search for geocaches" with filter "Mystery" and import them with "overwrite" the coordinates in the Final WP are set to 0 again.
This does not happen when importing a PQ!

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

Just to "update caches" > are you using the system mentioned by the balloni: cache detail > geocaching menu (usually top right corner) > update cache. This IS already natively implemented in the Locus Map and should work. G4L makes other "update" systems and I do not guarantee its functionality.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Since routing is being discussed...  I've got 4.22.2.  Yesterday while navigating a driving route, LoRouter repeatedly displayed on-screen a left turn, while speaking "Continue straight."  This happened roughly four times as the driver decided a better route was to continue straight.  (I had to explain, "This is weird, ignore the voice, turn left".)  It recalculated after missing the turn, next intersection, same thing: left turn shown on screen, spoken "Continue straight."

It occurred to me that maybe the router changed its mind, decided on a better route (as did the driver) which involved continuing straight, but the display was displaying an older route.  Seems unlikely.

I'm not sure how to debug this.  Please ignore if you think it'll just go away.

~~~

So updating a cache via tapping near the top, vs tapping a similar menu item at the bottom, go through different code paths?!?  I've always tapped at the bottom, and that stopped working.  (Just tried the tap-near-top path, yep, it works.)  I've solved the confusion for myself by uninstalling G4L, so long...
  •  

Menion

Hmm, the problem with incorrect navigation instructions won't go away without some work. Anyway, it is clear, that I really need to be able to simulate this issue  :-\

Geocaching troubles > I've tried to describe it together with images here. Any yes, removing G4L seems to be the best solution now ...
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
in the absence of network, the error message on the orange background is intrusive. To avoid seeing it I disabled the geocaching live map. Why not integrate these messages into locus notifications?
Version 4.23.1
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Diddi

Anybody tried to install an older gc4l version?
https://geocaching4locus.de.aptoide.com/app
  •  

flyingman_ch

Updating the caches works again thanks to the new version of G4L (3.0.12)

@Andrew Heard @ Viajero Perdido
QuoteI haven't invested time into why some are wrong but think it more likely when very short distances between some turns. I have a test route where I could note the details for objective testing.

I cannot confirm this. I hardly have anything like this before.
Show on map at what location you have this for. And above all, please share your design with the problem here as an attachment
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

Graf Geo

I can no longer add a caption to a photo that I want to add to a LoPoint.
The text field is not editable.
SG S10, Android 12
  •