android 13 no access

Started by 11elevenths, April 02, 2024, 08:00:22

11elevenths

I guess I have been lucky because I switched to a new phone with android 13 a few months ago dn solid explorer worked for android/data folder access.  Now it doesn't and Amy other apps don't either.  Some can see the files but you can't write to it???
  •  

michaelbechtold

Since Android 11 Google has been infested with Apple's craziness about restricting user's ownership of their own devices. And it got worse release after release.
Total Commander and x-plore found loopholes to a certain extent - up to Android 12 (incl.).
Both fail with Android 13, though (at least I could not make them access the App private folders under /Android/data).
HOWEVER, since latest release Menion managed to place Locus root under /Android/media!
That has the benefit that apps like TC or x-plore can read and write from/to it - without AfA privileges.
And Locus now offers the convenient option to relocate the existing content from /Android/data to /Android/media.
BUT: a de-install may still remove also this folder (I have not tested the "keep data" option when de-installing, though. That might help - or not.

•  

freischneider

Um keine Daten bei eine Deinstallation zu verlieren, ist ein Backup sehr wichtig. Den Backup Ordner kannst du in den Einstellungen festlegen. Am besten du legst ihn in den Download Ordner von Android. Solltest du ihn im Locus Ordner belassen ist er auch weg.
Zusätzlich mache ich ein Backup in die Cloud.
Früher war es so damit es noch Medien Dateien (Bilder, Memo usw) und Geocaching Daten gab die beim Backup nicht dabei waren. Aber es hat sich einiges geändert und ich weiß nicht ob es noch so ist.
Ich mache zusätzlich jeder Woche einen Sync vom ganzen Locus Ordner in die Cloud.
Sicher ist Sicher
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

11elevenths

thanks for both your replies.  I will give it a go.
  •  

11elevenths

Someone wrote in another forum:  "It's also pertinent to know that Google recently closed the scoped storage Files app loophole, so many file manager apps no longer can see inside the private folders in the Android directory."

Thank you for clarifying this. I knew I wasn't crazy. I got a new phone a little while back running android 13 and I was able to use solid explorer to get in there and then last week I tried again, and it just wouldn't work.

I will try the method cited above after my ride tomorrow.  thanks.

11elevenths

•